Not exporting valid file

GMax is now capable of making models for both Auran Trainz and Microsoft Train Simulator so you can see your work in both sims very quickly and easily now!
GMax is a sister product to the big 3D Studio Max but also has the distinct advantage of being completely free - and available for download from UKTrainSim.

Moderator: Moderators

dick8299
Established Forum Member

Not exporting valid file

Post by dick8299 »

I have created a simple box in 3DSMax 2016, converted it to an editable poly, applied a .bmp texture and exported using RW Intermediate Geometry.

When I try to create a simple scenery blueprint using the exported .igs file, I get this error message:
Attachments
errormessage.jpg
errormessage.jpg (9.67 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
dick8299
Established Forum Member

Re: Not exporting valid file

Post by dick8299 »

Kudos (or should I say Kujus) to Derek S. who took two hours of his own time to get me pointed on the straight and narrow.

I had been unable to create a scenery blueprint from a simple model made in 3DS Max, and suspected that I was doing something wrong in using the program. Derek walked me through the proper steps to creating the model and exporting using 3DS Max, and they were the same steps I had been taking. At the end Derek had the insight to discover that I had not set up my folders in the Source directory correctly, and that was what was keeping me from creating the scenery blueprint.

I can't thank Derek enough for what he did for me in helping me get going with modeling in 3DS Max.

Return to “3D Studio Max AND Discreet GMax”