Also in production by RSC...

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

jimmyshand
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Also in production by RSC...

Post by jimmyshand »

Would agree with the comments about ECML being a bit flat and boring. Accelerate out of the Cross, hit RW's infamous notch-one cruise mode, then do the 1,000 yard stare for 80 miles..

Still, it will be a good chance to test out those driver vigilance devices!

Modern routes from the capital are probably where the money is but I'd love to see the route building mastership of RSC take on something more challenging and scenic like Exeter to Plymouth, North Wales Coast, West Highland Line, Kyle of Lochalsh Line, Liverpool to Manchester, Cambrian Coast, Yorkshire Coast, Welsh Valleys, Bristol to Swansea, Plymouth to Penzance, Liverpool to Crewe, Exeter to Barnstaple (Dartmoor), Exeter to London via Salisbury, Bristol to Salisbury via Bath, Dorset Coast, Birmingham Cross City, Merseyrail, Manchester/Sheffield/Leeds triangle, Middlesborough to Newcastle, Newcastle to Edinburgh, Carlisle to Newcastle?

That should do for starters!!
jimmyshand
Very Active Forum Member

Post by jimmyshand »

msey0002 wrote:As much as I doubt it, really hope this comes with a 225. Can't really see the point of the route without the 225
Can't see that happening for the simple business reason that the route and the 225 would have far more profit value if sold separately. Lots of people will want to buy the route at £24.99 and they'll also gladly pay again at least £11.99 for a 225. That's about £37 for the set. If they bundle the 225 with the route then the going rate is still only £24.99. Makes more business sense to bundle in another souless identikit unit (like the 360 on GEML) or a reskin East Coast HST which will have far less development cost and time than a stonking new locomotive set. Then sell the highly desirable 225 further down the line.

Hope to the heavens I'm wrong though!!
hertsbob
Very Active Forum Member

Post by hertsbob »

rkk01 wrote: The heritage value of just Paddington, Euston* and Kings Cross alone should warrant at least one of these as steam era routes.
Also, unlike modern routes, you would suspect a wider than UK market for a late steam era Kings Cross route bundled with the A3 & A4 pacifics...
It's a nice thought, but as Paul mentioned they simply don't seem to be cost effective. :( One of these days I'll sort out Euston... :)
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
Commander Arnold Judas Rimmer

Things have finally happened!
http://dereksiddle.blogspot.co.uk/
rfletcher72
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rfletcher72 »

Excellent news, hard on the heels of GEML.

Europeanbahns' ECML part 1 was one of the first routes I bought for MSTS and indeed was one of my favourites.

Nice to see a 91 in the works, though to be honest, I can see most of my time on the route being taken up by stoppers and semi-fasts :)
Richard
theorganist
Very Active Forum Member

Post by theorganist »

rfletcher72 wrote:Excellent news, hard on the heels of GEML.

Europeanbahns' ECML part 1 was one of the first routes I bought for MSTS and indeed was one of my favourites.

Nice to see a 91 in the works, though to be honest, I can see most of my time on the route being taken up by stoppers and semi-fasts :)
Same for me, EB's ECML part 1 was my favourite EB route. I think this is possibly the most interesting section of the ECML, although I imagine Newcastle to Edinburgh has the best scenery! I wish Creative Rail had created this section for their BR ECML route. I yearn to drive a 31 with mark 1's on a KX to Peterborough service!

The 91 will be great for Newcastle York modern as well, which have not driven on since purchasing years ago!

Peter
rfletcher72
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rfletcher72 »

theorganist wrote:The 91 will be great for Newcastle York modern as well, which have not driven on since purchasing years ago!
I'd forgotten about that Peter.

Ho-hum, one more for the Christmas list perhaps? 8)
Richard
bdy26
Very Active Forum Member

Also in production by RSC...

Post by bdy26 »

briyeo1950 wrote:Is it true that RSC's map of the UK has no detail in the middle bit at all except for the legend "Here be Dragons"? :P
:-)

Still can't believe we've not had a 91 before now. I hope they do it justice!

B
http://bdy26.co.uk/sbhh/

Builder of The Cockermouth Keswick and Penrith Railway and Lancaster to Carlisle for RW; purveyor of dirty diesels to Vulcan Productions.
callum1122334455
Well Established Forum Member

Post by callum1122334455 »

briyeo1950 wrote:Is it true that RSC's map of the UK has no detail in the middle bit at all except for the legend "Here be Dragons"? :P
:lol: it's left to us mere peasants to fill in the gaps with freeware.

Imagine the fun you could have 'up norwf' with all the potential routes

Manchester Victoria-Leeds

Manchester Piccadilly-York would definitely be a good one with all the different scenes on the route from the city and through the hills.
Well Established Forum Member

Post by 31160 »

If the route comes with Pbo-Ely-Cambridge-Kx and the hertford loop as well as stright to Pbo then it will be a must have but if its just the 76 miles stright up the main then i must admit it would have limited appeal to me and i hope it comes with a unit of choice for the suburban srvices as well as the 91 otherwise the AI wont make any sence
xguerra
Very Active Forum Member

Post by xguerra »

Now this is the sort of Christmas run-up I imagined from RSC.
Backdated Trainsim
My site with my content: http://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/
Irishrailguy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Irishrailguy »

Well, now RSC have officially ruined ALL my projects, there goes the 225 from my list :( Looks like I'll have to find something else to do after the 377 is done :roll:

Kev
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

I hope you do make your 225 as it is bound to be better than the RSC one just look at your 377. The RSC one will be a good stop gap but I would be more than happy to buy one from a third party as I'm sure would many others.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
rkk01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rkk01 »

Well, now RSC have officially ruined ALL my projects, there goes the 225 from my list Looks like I'll have to find something else to do after the 377 is done
That's easily avoided...

...think of something dirty, noisy and blue ;-)
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

rkk01 wrote:
Well, now RSC have officially ruined ALL my projects, there goes the 225 from my list Looks like I'll have to find something else to do after the 377 is done
That's easily avoided...

...think of something dirty, noisy and blue ;-)
Bernard Manning?

Dave
rkk01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rkk01 »

Bernard Manning?
A similar thought went through my mind as I posted...

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”