New UK route incoming - NLL

Another popular Train Simulator with the notable highlight of being freeware! Also note the new OpenBVE version with many new features - well worth a look!

Moderators: TomB, Moderators

fakenham1
Established Forum Member

New UK route incoming - NLL

Post by fakenham1 »

tomhas2
Very Active Forum Member

Re: New UK route incoming - NLL

Post by tomhas2 »

We have just made a new video promoting the route for BVE Western Region. Can i just say that its a stunning route and a pleasure to drive all round!
One not to be missed!

https://youtu.be/i-l6Rmi77fs

Cheers, Tom :D
Harrogate Loop and Northern Lines available @ https://www.ontracksimulation.com/
Heritage Tram Driver for Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours
https://www.twitch.tv/trainsimtv_tom
mldaureol
Getting the hang of things now

Post by mldaureol »

Now available for download :D
Mike.
fakenham1
Established Forum Member

Post by fakenham1 »

Just had a quick 10 min run on this...excellent work, highly recommended! There's so much detail already on the small bit that I've driven.....such as spikes on certain signals to stop the birds from congregating on them! That's the level of detail.
V well done guys, look forward to more work from you.

For me, BVE has the train best driving experience, the physics feel just right. The sounds are incredible! Little touches such as guard announcements all make for an immersive experience.

I'd love to make a route for BVE but the coding looks too complex for me, if only we had a user friendly editor of some description.
johnwatto
Been on the forums for a while

Post by johnwatto »

Gents

I am new to openBVE, I have downloaded the latest software V1.7.13 and installed the Portarlington route, which works fine, I then decided to down load and install the NLL, The file came down as a ZIP file, I then tried to install the route using the package manager again, but I am getting this error message, "this file does not appear to be a valid open BVE package", I unpacked the ZIP file and still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?.

johnwatto
cilldroichid

Post by cilldroichid »

Hi John,

As not all developers make use of the package manager you have to install the files manually. Its been a while since i played OpenBVE but i think the default location for content is 'C:\Users\"Name of you computer"\AppData\Roaming\openBVE\LegacyContent', in the LegacyContent folder are the Railway and Train folders, the Railway folder should contain 3 folders, Object,Route and Sound. Unpack the zipped files and move or copy the Railway folder from the North-London-Line-Beta file to the Railway folder in the openBVE\LegacyContent folder. Move or copy the Cl313_Silverlink folder to the openBVE\LegacyContent\Train folder. On the OpenBVE start new game screen you the route is in the 'Silverlink Metro' folder. You might have to manually browse to find it.
johnwatto

Post by johnwatto »

cilldroichid wrote:Hi John,

As not all developers make use of the package manager you have to install the files manually. Its been a while since i played OpenBVE but i think the default location for content is 'C:\Users\"Name of you computer"\AppData\Roaming\openBVE\LegacyContent', in the LegacyContent folder are the Railway and Train folders, the Railway folder should contain 3 folders, Object,Route and Sound. Unpack the zipped files and move or copy the Railway folder from the North-London-Line-Beta file to the Railway folder in the openBVE\LegacyContent folder. Move or copy the Cl313_Silverlink folder to the openBVE\LegacyContent\Train folder. On the OpenBVE start new game screen you the route is in the 'Silverlink Metro' folder. You might have to manually browse to find it.

Thank you, all files now in place and working ok, will take a bit of time to get the hang of things, but looking good.

johnwatto

Return to “BVE and OpenBVE”