Customising routes

Another popular Train Simulator with the notable highlight of being freeware! Also note the new OpenBVE version with many new features - well worth a look!

Moderators: TomB, Moderators

ArgusStuft
New to the Forums

Customising routes

Post by ArgusStuft »

G'day there,
I am a longtime user of OpenBVE and only recently became a member of this forum. I have only just updated to the OpenBVE 1.5.2.2 version with very little trouble. While I have managed to get a good success rate with installing and running most of the trains and routes that I use I have often wondered if and how some of the aspects of the simulator could be changed to better suit my personal use? I understand the open-source nature of the software lends itself to someone making alterations and think that getting it to be more what I would like must be do-able. What I would like to know is how is it done? Firstly, over time I have often thought that I would like to be able to change a route to have it run in the reverse direction, eg be able to go from Wellingham-Ludgate Hill to Maybank or similar. Just how difficult would that be? Any help will be most appreciated.

Cheers
Argus Stuft
leezer3
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Customising routes

Post by leezer3 »

To cut a very long story short, near impossible to reverse a route :)

BVE is a simple linear worldspace, with nothing internally that'd allow you to do that.
Further, if you drop out of the cab and spin the camera around 180 degrees, you'll find that most routes don't bother to build the backs of objects.

Other than that, you'd have to expand on exactly what you're trying to do.
Some stuff is easier than others.
ArgusStuft
New to the Forums

Re: Customising routes

Post by ArgusStuft »

Thanks for the reply and I'm sorry that what I was thinking about cannot be done. I was hoping to start by making some changes based on route reversal and maybe going on from there. Oh well, I can certainly enjoy what I have, especially the latest version of OpenBVE which has made a significant difference to how I see NWM! Thanks again,

Argus

Return to “BVE and OpenBVE”