OpenBVE Questions?

Another popular Train Simulator with the notable highlight of being freeware! Also note the new OpenBVE version with many new features - well worth a look!

Moderators: TomB, Moderators

SteamnRail
Getting the hang of things now

OpenBVE Questions?

Post by SteamnRail »

Evening, What is the difference between the last V1.4.3 release and the Richard Ward V1.4.3?

Chris, Do you happen to know anything about the work that was done by Richard?

I realize one program and it's behaviour is often useless when writing code for another. But, I just want to mention a dated polish sim that was the rave back in the day and still has somewhat of a following today.

The reason mechanik was the rave was the realistic physics that is said to still be unbeaten in some ways.

I don't know about all that personally. But, I do think the steam locomotive physics are some of the more realistc ever achieved in a simulation.

It would be interesting if anything from Mechanik could be used to help write the OpenBVE steam physics since Mechanik was so good in it's day.

Robert
leezer3
Well Established Forum Member

Re: OpenBVE Questions?

Post by leezer3 »

If it's the one I think it is, the short answer is little to no difference.

Longer answer:
The one I think you're thinking of (Was posted about the place as 1.4.3a) has no technical changes of merit.
What was actually done, was that it was compiled with a much newer version of Visual Studio, which in turn gave some optimizations to the compiled code under certain circumstances.

Mechanik-
I'm unaware of any steam locomotives for Mechanik. Haven't fiddled with the physics side of it too much, but as it was originally a university physics project, the fact that they're accurate doesn't surprise me too much :P
However, as there's no source code (And I don't speak Polish to read any comments if there were), I still can't do too much with it....
Chris Lees

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk -BVE Cornwall: Providing QUALITY Steam for BVE!
SteamnRail
Getting the hang of things now

Re: OpenBVE Questions?

Post by SteamnRail »

Chris, Thank you for the explination.

On the Polish program. Alot of the sites are gone now and I don't know if I could trudge up anything useful.

I will keep an eye out though.

Robert

Return to “BVE and OpenBVE”