More 3ds Max 2014 Problems (Windows 10)

GMax is now capable of making models for both Auran Trainz and Microsoft Train Simulator so you can see your work in both sims very quickly and easily now!
GMax is a sister product to the big 3D Studio Max but also has the distinct advantage of being completely free - and available for download from UKTrainSim.

Moderator: Moderators

icairns
Getting the hang of things now

More 3ds Max 2014 Problems (Windows 10)

Post by icairns »

Hi All,
My 3ds Max 2014 was operating fine on Windows 7 (after a few hick-ups at the beginning). Since I upgraded to Windows 10 the RW Shaders will not load. Keep getting Error Message: "Could not load part of path D:\Dev\Shaders\Shaders.exe".

My copy of TS2015 is loaded on drive E. whilst 3dsMax is loaded on drive D. TS2015 3dsMax2014 plugins have been copied to 3dsMax2014 plugin folder on drive D and activated in the Plugin Manager.

Has anybody else out there experienced similar problems. Help!
Ian
icairns
Getting the hang of things now

Re: More 3ds Max 2014 Problems (Windows 10)

Post by icairns »

Hi,
Solved Problem. On searching Forum I discovered under TS13/TS14/TS15/TS16 > General Discussions > Train Simulator 2015 has arrived a useful snippet about installing Art Plugins for TS2015. I had done everything correctly except for one point. If I had looked carefully at the 3ds Max 2014 display I would have found a new Menu item - RWMaxPlugin > Options. Under Options I completed the path to my TS2015 directory.

Great. Everything works now. What I can't understand is that under Windows 7 installing the Plugins and activating the Plugin Manager every worked! Such is the vagrancies of the computer world!

I hope this might assist anybody else with the same problem.
Ian

Return to “3D Studio Max AND Discreet GMax”