Smokebox numberplate child object creation.

GMax is now capable of making models for both Auran Trainz and Microsoft Train Simulator so you can see your work in both sims very quickly and easily now!
GMax is a sister product to the big 3D Studio Max but also has the distinct advantage of being completely free - and available for download from UKTrainSim.

Moderator: Moderators

bristolian
Very Active Forum Member

Smokebox numberplate child object creation.

Post by bristolian »

Good afternoon everyone,

For my first creation in 3DS Max, I'm creating a smokebox numberplate with mounting brackets for a GW loco.
Once I've got the modelling done - seemingly the eay bit (!), how do I texture it, allowing for the number to change to match that of the individual loco in question?.

Thanks in advance.

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.
Virtute Et Industrial!
eyore
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Smokebox numberplate child object creation.

Post by eyore »

Search for Traindecal with RSDerek as the author and you'll see a couple of threads describing how to use this shader.

The use of primarydigits is reasonably well described in section 6.5 of the RW manual.

I don't personally know if using this on a child object will pick up the loco number, perhaps one of our re-skinners can comment on that?
Phil

bristolian
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Smokebox numberplate child object creation.

Post by bristolian »

eyore wrote:Search for Traindecal with RSDerek as the author and you'll see a couple of threads describing how to use this shader.

The use of primarydigits is reasonably well described in section 6.5 of the RW manual.

I don't personally know if using this on a child object will pick up the loco number, perhaps one of our re-skinners can comment on that?
Thanks for that Phil :).

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.
Virtute Et Industrial!

Return to “3D Studio Max AND Discreet GMax”