Could anybody do me a big favour and answer this please ?

GMax is now capable of making models for both Auran Trainz and Microsoft Train Simulator so you can see your work in both sims very quickly and easily now!
GMax is a sister product to the big 3D Studio Max but also has the distinct advantage of being completely free - and available for download from UKTrainSim.

Moderator: Moderators

eyore
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Could anybody do me a big favour and answer this please ?

Post by eyore »

I'm trying very hard to help but you don't seem to be listening to what I say, nor do you answer my questions.

One more try!

What version of max do you have?
Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
Are your textures in .ace format?
Have you read the blog and manual as I suggested?
Why are you pressing the Kuju button to load a texture when I told you to press the button marked "none"?
Have you pressed the button marked "Show standard map in viewport", without it you'll see nothing.
Stop dragging and dropping textures, you are trying to shortcut something you haven't got to grips with and only confusing the issue.

Sorry to be so blunt but you are making a simple process very hard by trying run before you can walk.
Phil

buyme
Been on the forums for a while

Post by buyme »

Thank you eyore for all your help so I have done it only thing is now when I put it in game and go to select it there is no physical object there just the name nothing appears i have done everything everyone has told me to do and it worked the blueprint editor worked this time so i don't know now what i am doing wrong

This is whats happening when i have it in game :-s

http://s9.postimg.org/nxaib7kha/Rail_Wo ... _42_37.jpg
eyore
Very Active Forum Member

Post by eyore »

Does it show up alright in the asset editor?

Is the model pivot point in the right place and properly oriented?

Do you get any error messages when you export from the editor?
Phil

Irishrailguy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Irishrailguy »

I think buyme needs to answer those questions first so we can rule out issues...

Also, using correct punctuation would help a lot when dealing with Max issues, this is all very hard to understand.

The most likely causes for invisible objects are those outlined by eyore, but also make sure to use proper naming conventions for every object you export, the slightest typo is not accepted by the game.

Kev

Return to “3D Studio Max AND Discreet GMax”