TSW - Train Sim World

General Discussion Topics

Moderator: Moderators

Varney
Very Active Forum Member

Re: TSW - Train Sim World

Post by Varney »

Ajay1 wrote: In TS2016 I already own the five routes as listed in the Pioneers Edition. Does that mean I get the free upgrade to TS2017 Pioneers edition? and then the CSX Heavy Haul Beta in December?
Antony.
Yes, that's the way it reads to me.
If you own the five routes featured in TS2017 Pioneers Edition, you will automatically receive the upgrade to this edition. For reference, the five routes are: Hamburg – Lübeck, North Jersey Coast Line, South Wales Coastal: Bristol – Cardiff, LGV: Marseille – Avignon and Semmeringbahn. TS2017 Pioneers Edition is the only edition to include automatic access to the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta in December.
NeutronIC
Atomic Systems Team
Atomic Systems Team

Post by NeutronIC »

Glad you enjoyed the video folks - it's great to finally be able to show you all what my team have been working on the last three years :)

There will be more news to come over the next while - this is just the beginning :)

Matt.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Ajay1 wrote:How can you already own some of the content featured in the new TS2017 if it hasn't been released yet ?
Because, as explained in the video, TS2017 is basically a collection of existing routes. <cynical head on> What we're being offered is either an opportunity to purchase those routes at a discount, or simply receive the yearly upgrade to the core game gratis.In short, marketing <cynical head off>
Ajay1 wrote: I already own the five routes as listed in the Pioneers Edition. Does that mean I get the free upgrade to TS2017 Pioneers edition? and then the CSX Heavy Haul Beta in December?
DTG wrote:If you own the four routes featured in TS2017 Standard Edition, you will automatically receive the upgrade to this edition. For reference, the four routes are: Hamburg – Lübeck, North Jersey Coast Line, South Wales Coastal: Bristol – Cardiff and LGV: Marseille – Avignon. Note that TS2017 Standard Edition does not include Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta.

.....How do I get on the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta?
All you need to do to get on the Beta is buy TS2017 Pioneers Edition. ......

but rather confusingly....

DTG wrote:.....I own all of the content featured in TS2017 Pioneers Edition
If you own all of the content featured in TS2017 Pioneers Edition, you don’t need to do anything, you’ll automatically receive the upgrade to TS2017 Pioneers Edition, which includes automatic access to the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta in December.......
but my reading of all that is that you'll qualify for all the available goodies.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Matt, it looks pretty damn good...and I normally only say that about blondes..... well done to all involved.
Ajay1
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Ajay1 »

Thanks muchly, having just now watched the video I understand it a bit more and will re watch again a few more times until it sinks in. As I see that the Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta will be a complete new independent sim I'm then going to start applying the brakes and ween off any more addon purchases to save my pennies for the new!!! but not before I get the Albula Line.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit,Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 340GHz,
12.00GB RAM, NVDIA GeForce GTX 660Ti
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

i second all the praise it looks amazing now i have a perfect excuse to update my pc :D :D :D :D:
gougha
Well Established Forum Member

Post by gougha »

NeutronIC wrote:Glad you enjoyed the video folks - it's great to finally be able to show you all what my team have been working on the last three years :)

There will be more news to come over the next while - this is just the beginning :)

Matt.
Great work to you and the team Matt. Really looking forward to playing the beta and watching it grow over the years ahead.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

Bit disappointed we are starting of with American content for TSW as I am not a fan but hey ho. Hope Brit or european content isn't years away? :-? Think I am only one route off from the pioneers edition and that of course would be north jersey! :lol:
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)
Non technically minded individual!

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
mearle73
Been on the forums for a while

Post by mearle73 »

Still cant get my head round this, if I want the beta I've got to pay £30 for routes I don't want, then I get 2 months access to the beta, then when that ends and you buy the full version.
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Post by deltic009 »

mearle73 wrote:Still cant get my head round this, if I want the beta I've got to pay £30 for routes I don't want, then I get 2 months access to the beta, then when that ends and you buy the full version.
Well, you clearly CAN get your head round this, because you've just said it all perfectly.

According to available info there are 700 people who have already qualified for the beta, so by rights they don't need any more beta testers. Those people have paid considerably more than £30 to get to that position, but there's an opportunity to join the beta team for the lower combined price.
Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

TSW - Train Sim World

Post by gswindale »

Looks interesting; and it's also good to hear from Matt.

Have to say that I'm intrigued as to what the other launch routes for TSW will be given the quote
We'll be introducing the other key territory routes as and when they become available.
Suggests to me that there will be more at launch; but only the CSS Heavy Haul is in a position to be seen at the moment.
Geoffrey Swindale.
Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
Tom5305

Post by Tom5305 »

Very disappointed that TSW doesn't have any UK route! Just imagine what Fakenhams Norfolk line would have looked like in the new engine!
Now finished with any DTG additions to TS2016, certainly don't want TS2017 and may eventually purchase TSW if and when it has something to interest me.
Wonder how many customers Dovetail will lose - poor marketing strategy in my view?
Tom
mearle73

Post by mearle73 »

deltic009 wrote:
mearle73 wrote:Still cant get my head round this, if I want the beta I've got to pay £30 for routes I don't want, then I get 2 months access to the beta, then when that ends and you buy the full version.
Well, you clearly CAN get your head round this, because you've just said it all perfectly.

According to available info there are 700 people who have already qualified for the beta, so by rights they don't need any more beta testers. Those people have paid considerably more than £30 to get to that position, but there's an opportunity to join the beta team for the lower combined price.
I've spent hundreds on this over the years, but I'm not spending £30.00 for a 2month beta trail.
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Post by deltic009 »

mearle73 wrote:
deltic009 wrote:

I've spent hundreds on this over the years, but I'm not spending £30.00 for a 2month beta trail.
And EXACTLY like everything that you've purchased over the years - you don't HAVE to. You have two options. Pick which one you're going with and that's it, but don't complain about your own desire to not do something. You know exactly what is required and have been given an advance warning too.
Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
twirlycactus
Established Forum Member

Post by twirlycactus »

I think TSW will be part of Steam early access, therefore if you don't get the pioneers edition then you can buy the early access version in December. I think you will get it for free if you own the pioneers edition
PC Specs: Intel i5 2.80GHz, 8GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 & 240 GB SSD

Return to “[TSW] General Discussion”