TSW - Train Sim World

General Discussion Topics

Moderator: Moderators

theorganist
Very Active Forum Member

Re: TSW - Train Sim World

Post by theorganist »

I can't wait either.

It seems that there may be more of a virtual world surrounding it as well so hopefully it will evolve from being mainly a driving simulator to so much more.

Peter
Silverstar46
Getting the hang of things now

Post by Silverstar46 »

For me there is a lot to look forward to in TSW - stunning graphics, realistic lighting effects, better physics, real world signalling and better dispatch. Oh, and multiplayer, that should give many of us much to look forward to. I have a massive investment in TS2016 and 160 odd routes including freeware classics like Northern Europe final painstakingly added with all the requirements so I guess for a good while I will run both simulators once available but while I know it was marketing hype it does really feel like our hobby is indeed heading into very exciting times.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Silverstar46 wrote:For me there is a lot to look forward to in TSW...
Agreed, and thankfully they've not been tempted to please the masses by building in backwards compatibility--we'll still be able to use TS20xx as a separate entity.
jpantera
Well Established Forum Member

Post by jpantera »

Like what I've seen in the vid. The air pipes moving as the engine sways show a jump in how the engine will portray movement. Looking forward to getting to grips with a 37 or 40 and seeing such realism one day.

Also a signalling system that works and perhaps regulates intelligently would be great. Will see what it brings. Certainly on the eye candy front that box looks ticked.
Open Rails Supporter. Try it.
k3v1n989a813
Been on the forums for a while

Post by k3v1n989a813 »

Although I look forward to seeing what improvements they make, I'll probably buy the game well after the release date for it. Not really the type to buy things from day one.
david1
Very Active Forum Member

Post by david1 »

TSW looks very impressive, Graphics and like the way the bogies move looks real and also the lighting effects. But how much of what the sim will do, is going to be used? Compare DTG class 180 against AP class 205. I think I will wait a couple of years to see what is developed and how good the dlc is. There is no point having a sim that has loads of features but lacks traction, look how little traction was available for RW in 2009. Say for example if TSW had the same routes as TS2017 how long would it be before a class 143, 150, 158, 220, 66 and HST were available for South Wales coastal route, just to give the route a real feel. I think TSW will have to be a small collection of routes with endless possibilities for scanarios and full ranges of traction for each of these select routes. It all boils down to cost, I can not afford to spend the same amount as I have on RW on a new sim, Too much mass produced poor quality dlc wont cut it for me.

It is painted as a top game engine built from the ground up, so are the software builders going to develop cutting edge dlc and use the potential, unlike current dlc, its ok saying its a new engine so everything will be better, but it is how it is used, the current game engine is not used to what it can do by DTG and they built it, why does most dlc accelerate like a truck and then have brakes that brake hard on the slightest application.

I will be waiting a reading the reviews and seeing what is made and quality before deciding whether or not to switch to the new sim.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

david1 wrote: look how little traction was available for RW in 2009.
...and look what we have now; sorry, but I can't see your point. If you treat TSW as a whole new game rather than an update it's not surprising that it will start with a fraction of what a decade old title has had produced.
david1 wrote:the current game engine is not used to what it can do by DTG and they built it
They didn't though. The existing game engine was implemented into what we now know as TS2016 by Kuju and has only been *tweaked* by DTG. I'm sure I recall Derek Siddle stating that they actually drafted in the guys from Kuju at one point as DTG (or RSC/RSDL--whatever they were called at the time) didn't have the *right* guys with the *right* knowledge to get deep into the core programming. Now, thankfully, that's not the case so what we're being offered/shown with TSW (and don't lost sight of the fact that what we saw in the video is (supposedly, if we put our cynical heads on) actual in-game footage) has been produced from the ground up to do what DTG want it to do.
peterfhayes
Very Active Forum Member

Post by peterfhayes »

Its a pity that they are going to DirectX`10.0, ver 11.0 and 12.0 would have been much better in terms of graphics.
AH Well we can't have everything!
pH
secludedsfx
Well Established Forum Member

Post by secludedsfx »

peterfhayes wrote:Its a pity that they are going to DirectX`10.0, ver 11.0 and 12.0 would have been much better in terms of graphics.
pH
Nothing to say it doesn't support higher, just that the minimum is DX10.
PC Spec: i9 10900k, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 980ti, 1TB NVME SSD
tnleeuw01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tnleeuw01 »

secludedsfx wrote:
peterfhayes wrote:Its a pity that they are going to DirectX`10.0, ver 11.0 and 12.0 would have been much better in terms of graphics.
pH
Nothing to say it doesn't support higher, just that the minimum is DX10.
The Unreal Engine has DirectX 11 & 12 support. However, I think the game needs to do something to enable that. I hope that DTG will allow for users to choose DX10, 11, or 12 when running the new sim.

--Tim
peterfhayes
Very Active Forum Member

Post by peterfhayes »

I hope that you are correct and DX10.0 is the minimum.
I guess there is hope as DTG Euro Fishing UE4 uses DirectX 11.0.
Thanks for the input.
pH
Trev123
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Trev123 »

deleted.
Last edited by Trev123 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 1060 Strix 6GB Gaming graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram, Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HD, Seagate Firecuda 2 TB HD,
slp619420
Established Forum Member

Post by slp619420 »

this be a stupid question but is Train Sim Wotrld an add-on for Train Simulator or not?
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Post by ashgray »

slp619420 wrote:this be a stupid question but is Train Sim Wotrld an add-on for Train Simulator or not?
It's not - it's an entirely new simulator. You may need to see the video....

Ash
Ashley Gray

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2Ghz Quad Core, Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard, 2 x 512Gb SSDs + 1TB SATA drives,
16 Gb DDR-4 Corsair RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6Gb RAM, ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT Soundcard, Windows 10 64 bit
Varney
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Varney »

Return to “[TSW] General Discussion”