Self Driving in TSW2

General Discussion Topics

Moderator: Moderators

johnrossetti
Very Active Forum Member

Self Driving in TSW2

Post by johnrossetti »

My "love affair" with TSW2 is a bit tenious to say the least, I love the graphics a lot, I purchased London to Brighton for "old times sake" but I cant seem to sit in the cab, on any trains, or anywhere else and let the train drive itself.
One of my big bugbears with TSW is there is no simple drive mode. I really can't be asked to press all the things in sequence, even assuming I knew what they all did. I just want to get in move the regulator and stop & go (on the keyboard)
So I am quiet happy just sitting in or on or on the buffers and watching the scenery
But I cant on L to B
Does this facility still exist ?
Cheers
John
ReefGB
Been on the forums for a while

Re: Self Driving in TSW2

Post by ReefGB »

I thought you could just walk onto any train in TSW2 and sit in the passenger compartment and well, be a passenger.. I don't know mind I don't own it but I'm sure (reasonably sure at least) you could do that in TSW/CSX Heavy Haul which I haven't played since 2017/18 so I may be remembering wrong.
johnrossetti
Very Active Forum Member

Post by johnrossetti »

I have just checked TSW 1 and Yes you can do exactly that walk into a train, or be there already, get up go sit in the secondmans seat or a passengers seat, and . . . . eventually you will be asked if you want to give up driving,.
in TSW 2 same train, same proceadure, NOTHING waited 6 mins, NOTHING.
They must have removed it. . . . WHY . . . . its just a few lines of code.

This is what I expect
TSW 1 Driver Option.jpg
Thewn I can ride the route as an observer
TSW 2 Driver Option.jpg
In TSW 2 same train nothing see clock
TSW 3 Driver Option.jpg
Game ruined for me.
Cheers John
ReefGB

Post by ReefGB »

Well thanks for confirming two things for me, 1) My memory was not totally defunct in this instance and 2) DTG are beeeeep.
morricom

Post by morricom »

One way to do it is to click on Explore then on foot and select London Victoria, I spawned at London Victoria at 14.10 and boarded as a passenger on the Gatwick Express, at Platform 13. Sit in any passenger seat and at 14.14 the train will leave with you on board.

You might want to give the game a go as a driver, once you have put the key in and set the reverser, you can drive using the A and D key on the combined power/brake control. You don't need to use the AWS etc if you don't want, they are off at default. You can then advance to more complicated controls by using a loco that has a separate brake control were you use ; ' keys for brakes.

There are a lot of tutorial videos on YouTube

Ian
johnrossetti
Very Active Forum Member

Post by johnrossetti »

Thanks Ian, that worked well at Victoria
I tried it on the Cornwall line at Penzance, its a little, ehm, lot more complicated but with trial and error and no help from very sloppy progamming from the game I managed it,.
STILL not found a way to do it with any loco, any loco.
I am so used to getting into a loco, sitting in the secondmans seat and waiting till Im asked "if I want to give up control" (as per my pic)
and then watching/learning the route or scenario, even helicopter view is not available in your method.
If I had to sum it up, we have two games TS20XX and TSW
Now if we had the functionality of TS20XX and the supurb graphics of TSW we would have an experience worth paying good money for
I understand where we are with TS20XX and long may it live
But TSW I fear somone is not listening to what the user wants.
Am waiting for TSW supports reply, If its just me pressing the wrong things then I will apologise but we will see........
John

Return to “[TSW] General Discussion”