TSW: Get to the Chopper!

General Discussion Topics

Moderator: Moderators

TOMMO79
Very Active Forum Member

Re: TSW: Get to the Chopper!

Post by TOMMO79 »

I think they went straight to Wikipedia to find out what limestone is used for, The lime sent to Redcar in those PGAs went into the Blast furnaces, The 20 will be a nice addition to TSW, Looking forward to it
Iskra
Been on the forums for a while

Post by Iskra »

Yes this will be a great addition and could also feature on the other British routes too. Providing the sounds are prototypical I will get this straight away. Class 20's are one of my favourite locomotives.
ttjph
Very Active Forum Member

Post by ttjph »

Gotta say I'm getting steadily closer to buying TSW just to run Tees Valley. :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
i5-4690k | 16 GB | GTX970 | Win 10 64bit | h/k SoundSticks | 1680x1050
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

Be interesting if one can purchase TSW addons in TSW2? Or does one have to purchase TSW1 first?
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)
Non technically minded individual!

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
Squatch
Well Established Forum Member

Post by Squatch »

Out now, £12. No particular reviews as yet
Spec: Ryzen 3800X, 32gb DDR4, 250gb Samsung Pro, 2x256gb M4 SSD, WD Green 2tb HDD, MSI GTX2070, Gigabyte Auros, BenQ 35EX3501R

Post by 31466 »

Thought I would treat myself to this on release day and I'm not disappointed.
There seem to be issues on console looking at the threads but not found anything wrong with PC version.
It looks and sounds good. Controls work well and seem accurate. No silly amount of time to wait for brakes to release like on 31. Very nice to drive and not found any issues yet!
3 scenarios added including a freight run beyond Redcar for the first time although unfortunately in the downhill direction. Just 4 services added but it can be used on some existing ones.
Also in timetable mode on WSR in both nose first and cab first directions. No pairs that I could see.
On WSR the brakes are vacuum as they should be.
The only panic I had was the nose first cab view when you first get in the seat had no visibility out the window, luckily the right arrow gives a much better view so you can enjoy a drive without leaning out! Would have thought that would have been the better default view but no big deal.
A nice touch is the ability to put the headcode discs in any position you want by climbing down and clicking on them with the mouse.
So overall I would recommend it, can't fault it at the moment although only done a couple of services.
It may be the last release on TSW1 and it is a good one. Shame it won't have features like proper wheelslip but I think it is about as good as it could be.
With TSW2 being a let down as far as the UK is concerned, it is nice to have another model to use on TSW1 while we wait for a proper British route to be released in TSW2.
vtrain2018
New to the Forums

Post by vtrain2018 »

I have really enjoyed this loco and it has many little features around the cab that bring it to life. The hot plate, battery cupboard and many more in the cab stuff. The sounds are good in my opinion and the scenarios are mixed and enjoyable, Only downside is only 3 short service mode (new) services but does sub for other 37 services so brings the total to 35 ish.

Vtrain
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

I got it too as I said I may!

No doubt about it, it is a beautiful piece of software and it is very nicely modeled, sounds outside are a treat, sounds inside not so much especially when one wants to have the doors and windows open to hear that thrash! Even with yer noddle out the window, the sounds remain the same!!! Is it worth £11.99? Yep.
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

Want to play with yer chopper on other routes?

http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2377&query=
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
TransportSteve
Very Active Forum Member

Post by TransportSteve »

I see that Yuri has done a very nice reskin pack into a BR Blue and a Green version of this Class 20, you can get it from here - https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/tsw20 ... ocomotives

Cheerz. Steve.
i5 4690 3.5GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.
Visit my flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/59849121@N08/
K2rover
Established Forum Member

Post by K2rover »

As there is no manual, could some explain why when I set the AWS lever to 'unisolated' the brakes go hard on and the throttle can't be applied? Very annoying
jpantera
Well Established Forum Member

Post by jpantera »

K2rover wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:19 am As there is no manual, could some explain why when I set the AWS lever to 'unisolated' the brakes go hard on and the throttle can't be applied? Very annoying
Is there a Change end lever also on the AWS? I may have a go on the 20 and advise.
Open Rails Supporter. Try it.
cilldroichid

Post by cilldroichid »

Yes there is a AWS cab change end lever on the Class 20 as well as the AWS isolation switch, It is located in the same vicinity in the cab as the isolation switch. Most, if not all, of the older British locos in TWS have the two levers.
K2rover
Established Forum Member

Post by K2rover »

Ah thank you. I was missing the second bit of the AWS leaver. That's sorted it.

Return to “[TSW] General Discussion”