Menu slow to appear

This sub forum is for the discussion of computer hardware, rail simulation add-on hardware, operating systems (including their compatibility with rail simulation software). Please note: Any information or advice you take away from this sub forum is at YOUR OWN RISK. Information and advice is provided by users of the sub forum is posted here with best intentions. Use of acronyms / initialisms should be avoided unless you provide proper expansion of same.

Moderator: Moderators

MFMPorter
Well Established Forum Member

Menu slow to appear

Post by MFMPorter »

When my PC has been running for some time and I have been doing a fair bit of cutting/copying and pasting a folder will suddenly pause with message "working on it...." or " . . is not responding". I timed it one one occasion - 4 minutes! My usual remedy is to restart the PC. Does anyone have any suggestions as to remedy please, and also can it be harmful to restart the PC too often?
Thanks
David W
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Menu slow to appear

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi David,
It's been very warm lately and if it's particularly hot where your PC is located, it could be that the processor is throttling back.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
MFMPorter
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Menu slow to appear

Post by MFMPorter »

Thanks, Ged, interesting thought. I'll put that to my dealer (PC only 5 months old) and see what they say. Ventilation isn't brilliant around where I keep it.

David W

Return to “Technical Discussions - Hardware, Operating Systems”