TANE out soon?

A general discussion area on the Trainz Simulator: A New Era (T2) kickstarter project.

Moderator: Moderators

secludedsfx
Well Established Forum Member

Post by secludedsfx »

From the other stuff I've seen about TANE I'm really not hyped about it in the slightest.
Colours aren't realistic at all and it's just a slightly upgraded engine imo.
PC Spec: i9 10900k, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 980ti, 1TB NVME SSD
skoda
Established Forum Member

Re: TANE out soon?

Post by skoda »

It uses a brand new E2 engine , purpose-built for simulation around which they've added Trainz . This gives the added bonus of being able to use a lot of the content already available , the majority of which is freeware . Its early days with this version of Trainz and a lot of the new features in TANE have already been available in Railworks/ TSxxxx for quite a while , but there are some other new features in the pipeline which have not .
hminky
Getting the hang of things now

Post by hminky »

Here is the new cab interior for the Deltic:

Harold
secludedsfx

Post by secludedsfx »

That deltic cab looks quite good tbh though.
PC Spec: i9 10900k, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 980ti, 1TB NVME SSD
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Post by deltic009 »

I've got to be honest, although it doesn't move things on visually, operationally it is different and there's lots of available content. Plus, if the new game can run that 1970s Edinburgh to Kings cross route then it's worth it just for that.
Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
fakenham1
Established Forum Member

Post by fakenham1 »

Yep, impressed with those Deltic and route screenshots/videos here. If it's up to the quality of these shots it's a definite buy from me. I do have Trainz 12 and whilst I'm really impressed with the ECML route I must admit I got slightly bored of it partly due to the severe stuttering I got every 10seconds or so, the clickety clack rail sounds and the lack of scenarios. If they improve on the sounds and performance I'm sure it will be a hit, as the graphics look OK to me. Just hope my PC can cope.

Post by 37114 »

It's due for release on the 15th. Personally I think they've made a huge mistake with making it backwards compatible with old content. It may well shine in a year or so when there's further new content but at the moment it's really not great at all.
Regards,

Rich
fakenham1
Established Forum Member

Post by fakenham1 »

So I believe it's out....to anyone who's purchased it, how the final release looking?

Post by 37114 »

fakenham1 wrote:So I believe it's out....to anyone who's purchased it, how the final release looking?
I'm downloading it now. I backed the Kickstarter project so have already seen the alpha and beta builds. I'm not expecting to be impressed to be honest.
Regards,

Rich
fakenham1
Established Forum Member

Post by fakenham1 »

Well I took the plunge and bought it....just had a quick look at KX with normal settings with shadows on and I felt that the performance was about 1fps. Took the shadows off and fps shot up to silky smooth, so I breathed a sigh of relief.
From what I've seen of Kings Cross it looks pretty good...plus the Deltic cab looks especially good. Need to have a bit more of a play to check it out and see what graphics settings I can tweak out of it without it slowing down too much.
ttjph
Very Active Forum Member

Post by ttjph »

Does the Deltic now have two-pipe (partial release) air brakes?
i5-4690k | 16 GB | GTX970 | Win 10 64bit | h/k SoundSticks | 1680x1050

Return to “[T2] General Discussion”