Trainz A New Era Pre-Beta Testing Has Started

A general discussion area on the Trainz Simulator: A New Era (T2) kickstarter project.

Moderator: Moderators

Well Established Forum Member

Trainz A New Era Pre-Beta Testing Has Started

Post by 37114 »

I've received instructions this morning for downloading the pre-beta having been a Kickstarter backer. I will share thoughts later although nobody should expect too much at this stage. Nice to know the genre is being pushed forward by more than one company though.
Regards,

Rich
Squatch

Re: Trainz A New Era Pre-Beta Testing Has Started

Post by Squatch »

Just working my way through setting up the pre-beta too. Lots of £ "invested" in TS201x, but like you, was intrigued to see someone else pushing forward so decided to give it a go. Will be interesting to see what the next few months throw up.....
Spec: Ryzen 3800X, 32gb DDR4, 250gb Samsung Pro, 2x256gb M4 SSD, WD Green 2tb HDD, MSI GTX2070, Gigabyte Auros, BenQ 35EX3501R
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

Is there a ban on screenshots or videos? its odd not to have seen even one yet

Dave
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

To be honest, there's not much to see - I've just run through the tests that are available, and it looks like TRON meets v1 of MSTS. They have asked pre-beta testers not to post images up as I guess they think it will put people off if it doesn't look perfect, but have said they'll release some stuff sooner rather than later. I'm still getting to grips with the controls after years of KRS/RW/TS!! But the tests so far have literally been download, install, place an engine, edit the config of that engine.

When anything worth showing appears, I'll add what I can......
Spec: Ryzen 3800X, 32gb DDR4, 250gb Samsung Pro, 2x256gb M4 SSD, WD Green 2tb HDD, MSI GTX2070, Gigabyte Auros, BenQ 35EX3501R
tads1970
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tads1970 »

37114 wrote:nobody should expect too much at this stage. Nice to know the genre is being pushed forward by more than one company though.
Yeah,still many month's of hard work to go,I'm enjoying the beta test - and can see the potential from moving to 64bit only-even at this very early stage,it's a step in the right direction.
I can see allot of positives from being able to edit engine config on the fly,with the correct data - trains will feel and act more like everyone expect's.

Daz
PeterPeddlesden
Atomic Systems Team
Atomic Systems Team

Post by PeterPeddlesden »

I am not aware of any ban imposed by N3V regarding screenshots.

However, there is a PreBeta Forum that KickStarters are invited to. Discussions and screenshots at this stage may be limited to that forum.

DaveDewhurst wrote:Is there a ban on screenshots or videos? its odd not to have seen even one yet

Dave
theokus
Very Active Forum Member

Post by theokus »

I hope this new version can compete with the graphics of Rail Simulator. :)
Ubi bene, ibi patria.
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

There's been two subsequent releases, but these are more about stability rather than new functions as far as I can tell - need to test the latest release though - I have all sorts of difficulty navigating the world editor though, so used to TS20xx navigation, I end up all over. When there's something that shows off improvements, I'll post a screenshot or two, but you're not missing much (unless you like running through test scripts) at the minute
tads1970
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tads1970 »

Squatch wrote: I'll post a screenshot or two,
This is not allowed,I suggest you read the rules :-

"4. Keep it To Yourself
This product is still in development. Please don't blog, Tweet, chat or post anything anywhere about the beta test. Please wait until the product is complete before commenting publicly."

Daz
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

Fair enough, didn't see that, in that case, I won't post anything until I'm allowed!
tads1970
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tads1970 »

It's nothing personal Squatch,the rules are tucked away in the pre beta forum - I only came across them by browsing,would hate to see anybody have there pre-beta access revoked.

All the best

Daz
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

No worries Daz, me neither, but as I'm sure you know, there's not much to show anyway - hopefully as the product gets developed, there will be things to show (when the appropriate time comes of course)!

Matt
stephenholmes
Very Active Forum Member

Post by stephenholmes »

Good afternoon everyone
I have never owned a copy of Trainz in any of it's various guises
However I do like the look of new era and I am seriously considering pre ordering it
Kind Regards Stephen
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.
Christopher Hitchens (13th April 1949 - 15th December 2011)

Return to “[T2] General Discussion”