A bit of help required

Trains and Routes only entertain so far, what you need are engaging and entertaining scenarios. Here's where you can learn how to make bigger, better scenarios and really bring your virtual train world alive.

Moderator: Moderators

d1023
Been on the forums for a while

A bit of help required

Post by d1023 »

OK having a bash at scenario making.
Have done the following. My Class 31 is at Gateshead and I have it backing onto a rake of coaches and a loco at Newcastle 9.
The instruction given is "add to back"
The error message I get is "Service 1 Static consist clash: 3269-5757-5754-5751-5766-9500-45#113######17B (1).

It's prob something simple but as I say I'm new to the scenario creation game.
So if anyone can help with this particular issue and if poss point me to a "idiots guide to making realistic scanarios" that would be grand.

Regards
Simon D Forrest
bdy26
Very Active Forum Member

A bit of help required

Post by bdy26 »

You can ignore static consist clash errors. There was an upgrade in TS13 which allowed AI shunting, but the scenario creation tools show the error, even for the player service.

It's a bug, but of no consequence so doesn't get mentioned much!

B
http://bdy26.co.uk/sbhh/

Builder of The Cockermouth Keswick and Penrith Railway and Lancaster to Carlisle for RW; purveyor of dirty diesels to Vulcan Productions.
d1023

Re: A bit of help required

Post by d1023 »

OK happy to ignore but when loading up the scenario I get a related message
Driver "Service 1" at LAT 54.96309 Long 1.50949 - Missing marker Newcastle 9
Simon D Forrest
1S811985
Well Established Forum Member

Post by 1S811985 »

Hmm. You could try adding a "go via" instruction to your task list between your starting point and the "add too" instruction at Newcastle 9, if you don't go via any existing markers then add one of your own. Also worth making sure that the static consist at Newcastle 9 is entirely within the destination marker (the yellow/orange/green bit on the 2D map).

It can be a black-art at times, scenario creation, but if you keep at it then it pays off.

1S81
I know what gold does to men's souls.
spikeyorks
Very Active Forum Member

Post by spikeyorks »

Although you would never guess it from the error message the description "Missing Marker" in scenario creation quite often means that you have changed the make up of a static consist at some point (adding or deleting a carriage perhaps?) but haven't altered the original instruction to reflect this. Just double check that the id numbers of the stock in the platform are exactly the same as the id numbers of the stock in the "add to back" instruction. (and that everything in the platform is still coupled together).
David

----------------
48 and proud.
d1023

Post by d1023 »

Hi all - many thanks - have sorted the missing markers issue and am heading my way south where I want to have my train to call in at Thirsk whilst an AI train passes, then have my player train follow on behind. Lots of trail and error on this - still working on this one.
Simon D Forrest
d1023

Post by d1023 »

Got a couple of probs with the new West Coast ML.
First I've tried to play one of the scenarios with the LM1 LM2 Class 450 (UKTS 26498)
Have installed them OK and RW Tools checks them out OK but when I load up the scenrio "The Computer Says No".

Second issue is that on my own scenario the game loads up OK but there are no controls in the cab and the first signal is red but I cannot Tab to clear it.

Any thoughts on either of these items???
Simon D Forrest

Return to “[TS] Scenario Creation”