What scale of new loco for TS

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

Ludus
New to the Forums

What scale of new loco for TS

Post by Ludus »

Hi,
before few days I finished some diesel loco by using 3DS Max. There left also some details in order to be perfect but in this moment I don't know what size (scale, measurement) of the loco shall be? I made it 1:32 but don't know what is suitable for importing into TS2015? I checked some locked threads here, and some tutorial pages doesn't exist anymore. Is there some complete guide instead old suggested links (places)?
Thank you.
There is no good or evil, just decisions and consequences
Irishrailguy
Very Active Forum Member

Re: What scale of new loco for TS

Post by Irishrailguy »

Scale doesn't really apply in TS. What's the actual dimensions of the loco in meters? You should have your units set up in Max to be in meters instead of the generic Max unit length, then make sure the model is the same size as the real-life equivalent by creating a box which has the same dimensions of the actual loco and checking that your model is roughly the size of the box. TS uses real-world measurements so 1 meter in Max = 1 meter in TS.

Kev
Ludus
New to the Forums

Re: What scale of new loco for TS

Post by Ludus »

Thank you Kev... it is then really huge beast inside game! I thought it's smaller, but probably due to Google maps size is so determiined. :o
Ok. back to the desk and k'board
There is no good or evil, just decisions and consequences

Return to “[TS] Building Rolling Stock”