Waggonz Class 90

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Waggonz Class 90

Post by deltic009 »

bdy26 wrote:Ooh looking very nice indeed.

Just watch the WCML consist formations had first at the DVT / Up end unlike the Liverpool St services.

B
A good reminder, I think most folk familiar with WCML loco hauled sets remember it was.loco at the 'country end' and first at the 'London end' of the train.

Too bad we don't have any WCML from Rugby and southwards, it would allow the use of mk2 with mk3 buffet mixed formations.
Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
grids
Getting the hang of things now

Post by grids »

You are indeed correct deltic009 the loco was normally at the Northern end of the consist however this was always subject to change, if the DVT had a cracked screen or faulty speedo the electric would run onto the Southern end of the train & haul the DVT back to London. This was a relatively common occurrence, , we also mustn't forget that mixed Mk 2+MK 3 Buffet occasionally worked North of the border, this usually occurred when their was a MK 3 set out for an exam or if Diversions had caused sets to be in the wrong place come the start of play one morning.

I have been watching the class 90 project grow from the very early days & Waggonz deserve all the credit they are receiving for it, it looks superb as does the DVT. Let us hope now that Armstrong Powerhouse can provide a brilliant soundset to go with it as that will be the first class 90 in any simulator with decent sounds. I look forward to this release highly & of course my money is at the ready.

Regards

GRIDS.
bdy26
Very Active Forum Member

Waggonz Class 90

Post by bdy26 »

Yep, the mk2s did get north of Brum quite frequently.

With kind permission from AP I have a set of Virgin mk2s done so mixed formations can happen. Just doing a set of 47s to go with.

B
http://bdy26.co.uk/sbhh/

Builder of The Cockermouth Keswick and Penrith Railway and Lancaster to Carlisle for RW; purveyor of dirty diesels to Vulcan Productions.
grids

Post by grids »

Sounds fantastic bdy really can't wait now :-)

GRIDS.
FuSSionZ
Been on the forums for a while

Post by FuSSionZ »

It's been a while since there has been any update on here or the Waggonz Facebook page. I'm not wishing for an update but lets hope that Chris and Dave haven't had to rebuild the DVT again.
Thanks
Ross
etihad

Post by etihad »

Why don't you'll at WAGGONZ just wait till September and release it for TS2014. I think that would be better :) Anyways TS2013 stock is compatible. So it's no big deal. Looking forward to some updates - hopefully a video of the electrics with sound.
thetrainfan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by thetrainfan »

etihad wrote:Why don't you'll at WAGGONZ just wait till September and release it for TS2014. I think that would be better
How? It will not affect the release of it in any way. :fadein:
DavidVI
Well Established Forum Member

Post by DavidVI »

thetrainfan wrote:
etihad wrote:Why don't you'll at WAGGONZ just wait till September and release it for TS2014. I think that would be better
How? It will not affect the release of it in any way. :fadein:
Might be new features they can utilize?
Bjmorley

Post by Bjmorley »

There's . all new with TS2014 other than fixes and new routes.... It won't effect the model in anyway, 2013 or 2014 release.
veetkam
Established Forum Member

Post by veetkam »

If you haven't seen AP have posted a teaser 40 second video on their Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151483745846191
Best Regards
Andrew
DB Schenker fitter
96tommy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 96tommy »

Wow! I can't wait for this to come out, hopefully not too long now.
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

96tommy wrote:Wow! I can't wait for this to come out, hopefully not too long now.
Nope, not long at all.
just a couple of teeny bits to sort.
Would you believe that after almost a year of development, I played on the 90 for the first time last night :o

Its not bad :D

Dave
Irishrailguy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Irishrailguy »

DaveDewhurst wrote: Would you believe that after almost a year of development, I played on the 90 for the first time last night :o
I would believe it indeed, after 1 and a half years working on the 377, I've only driven it from Brighton to Lewes once :D

Kev
callum1122334455

Post by callum1122334455 »

Irishrailguy wrote:
DaveDewhurst wrote: Would you believe that after almost a year of development, I played on the 90 for the first time last night :o
I would believe it indeed, after 1 and a half years working on the 377, I've only driven it from Brighton to Lewes once :D

Kev
Do you care to share the experience? :lol:

I suppose it's like route building, it's never as fun driving your own route as it is to drive routes built by others :lol:
scorpion71

Post by scorpion71 »

DaveDewhurst wrote:
96tommy wrote:Wow! I can't wait for this to come out, hopefully not too long now.
Nope, not long at all.
just a couple of teeny bits to sort.
Would you believe that after almost a year of development, I played on the 90 for the first time last night :o

Its not bad :D

Dave
Good to hear she's now out on the rails being test driven by the engineers - hope all went well and soon we can all see what she can do when the rest of us get our Germans on her :P
Class 40's enjoyed their working life so much they whistled whilst they worked

Return to “[TS] Building Rolling Stock”