Waggonz Class 90

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

tomhas2
Very Active Forum Member

Waggonz Class 90

Post by tomhas2 »

Just spotted this on facebook and this will be another welcomed addition to the game it already looks fantastic

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Tom 8)
Harrogate Loop and Northern Lines available @ https://www.ontracksimulation.com/
Heritage Tram Driver for Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours
https://www.twitch.tv/trainsimtv_tom
michaeldono
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Waggonz Class 90

Post by michaeldono »

Apparently they started it on Tuesday :drinking: :crazyeyes: :morning:
whiterider
Established Forum Member

Post by whiterider »

There 142 looked fairly similar (as in how much they had done, not in actual model :lol:) after a few days then a month later they had only moved on a tiny bit as all the little small parts were to be modelled. The cab also needs done, like they've said it will be a good while, I'd say 2 or 3 months at least.
Just as a side note though Oovee were doing a Class 90 but they cannot do it anymore as they couldn't get licenses and Greater Anglia wouldn't allow them to record sounds. So Oovee had stopped theirs. Maybe Waggonz (In Plain View) could team up with Oovee and then even get it sold on Steam, RSC have the Freightliner license and so I doubt that would be an issue and it would only benefit the project. Just a thought mind!
Tankski
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Tankski »

IIRC, Freightliner don't charge for a license (unlike some), so going through RSC is a bit pointless in that respect. Going with Oovee is also a tad pointless as they are working on their U-boat at the moment, and going through steam offers less profit per sale than going solo or through someone such as AP or JT. It'd also be nice to show RSC that developers don't need their "partner programme" to get decent DLC together.
whiterider
Established Forum Member

Post by whiterider »

Tankski wrote:IIRC, Freightliner don't charge for a license (unlike some), so going through RSC is a bit pointless in that respect. Going with Oovee is also a tad pointless as they are working on their U-boat at the moment, and going through steam offers less profit per sale than going solo or through someone such as AP or JT. It'd also be nice to show RSC that developers don't need their "partner programme" to get decent DLC together.
Do they not, thanks for letting me know!
I personally think though Oovee would love to assist as they were doing it and so will no doubt be able to provide with some very useful technical stuff. Saying that I'd expect Waggonz to already have it or at least be in the process of getting some. Oovee would be able to help out by adding some other 'cool' features and it would make for a great product, it will in any case no doubt but I think Oovee's assistance could just add a bit more.
Selling through RSC/Steam whilst they may not get as big a royalty rate, they would certainly get a lot more sales as the majority of users (myself included - although I will buy if it isn't available) use Steam and don't look elsewhere. You have a much wider audience of 4 million+ active users (not all own TS2012 though). They could even go with Just Trains and become a part of their 'Advanced' line of products which in my opinion is still a larger audience than AP. I'm not saying AP won't have as many people but Just Trains has a bigger base in the simulation. AP though might have a better royalty rate. At the end of the day it is up Waggonz where they sell. I was just providing my opinion so don't go crazy :lol:
Tankski
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Tankski »

Fair enough for your own opinion, just stating mine. Though, from what has been said of the Wagonzz 142, they've set a new bar for quality and features, so there'll be no need for help from Oovee. In regards to Steam, the profits might be lower and yes, the volume of sales might be higher, but it probably levels out in terms of payment due to various royalty rates.
daemonmp3
Established Forum Member

Post by daemonmp3 »

Hi guys,

Just a quick shot for the members who don't like to use Facebook

Still have a shed load to do...

Cheers,

Chris.
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

Where's the third rail?
It's got the wrong type of pantograph
The chimney is the wrong shape
It sounds like a black 5

:wink:

Looks rather spiffing so far :)
winifred89
Well Established Forum Member

Post by winifred89 »

Brilliant cannot wait , the 142 now the 91
callum1122334455

Post by callum1122334455 »

winifred89 wrote:Brilliant cannot wait , the 142 now the 91
90 :wink:
It is about time someone did some proper trains like the 142 and 90. I also can't wait for a 92 :P

Long live british built locos/units.

Callum.
daemonmp3
Established Forum Member

Post by daemonmp3 »

Hi guys,

Now that the 142 is back in AP's capable hands after some bits and pieces were tweaked it's back to work on the 90 :)

I've attached a few pics of how we are getting on.

Cheers,

Chris.
callum1122334455

Post by callum1122334455 »

That model is a perfect representation of the real thing, not one part looks even slightly 'off'. Well done :D
thetrainfan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by thetrainfan »

callum1122334455 wrote:That model is a perfect representation of the real thing, not one part looks even slightly 'off'. Well done :D
Apart that it has no pantograph. :P :P
(Yes, that was a joke - I know it is WIP!)

Excellent work Waggonz, and brilliant news that the 142 is in AP's hands - hopefully a sign that it won't be long until release! :D
daemonmp3
Established Forum Member

Post by daemonmp3 »

Cheers guys,
FoggyMorning wrote:Where's the third rail?
It's got the wrong type of pantograph
thetrainfan wrote:Apart that it has no pantograph. :P :P
The Pantograph will be added after the third rail :wink:

Chris.
Tankski
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Tankski »

Don't forget the shoes 'n' socks, too! ;)

Return to “[TS] Building Rolling Stock”