Create a new route using part of track data in old route?

Are you thinking about building your own route? or are you already in progress? Talk to the experts in here and find out the best way to do things!

Moderator: Moderators

clkgtr
Getting the hang of things now

Create a new route using part of track data in old route?

Post by clkgtr »

Hi all,
I want to create a new route ,but the start station is the same with another route which already finished. I don't want to lay tracks ,put signals and add scenery objects from blank because these are all done in an existing route.
What my thought is copy the old route to an new route ,and delete the scenery tiles ,loft tiles,terrain tiles and etc. which I don't need. But the track data which is stored in tracks.bin I don't know how to split it ,deleting unwanted parts .
So is there any good way to separate the tracks.bin?
Thanks
blade2014
Been on the forums for a while

Re: Create a new route using part of track data in old route?

Post by blade2014 »

clkgtr wrote:Hi all,
I want to create a new route ,but the start station is the same with another route which already finished. I don't want to lay tracks ,put signals and add scenery objects from blank because these are all done in an existing route.
What my thought is copy the old route to an new route ,and delete the scenery tiles ,loft tiles,terrain tiles and etc. which I don't need. But the track data which is stored in tracks.bin I don't know how to split it ,deleting unwanted parts .
So is there any good way to separate the tracks.bin?
Thanks
hi
you will be better off deleting the track in the editor as if you mess around with the track bin you will lose the track in the route and you will get crash outs on loading the route or the black screen of death
Building The New Great Western Mainline ridiculous amount of work to

Return to “[TS] Route Building”