Route glitching when I try to edit it.

Are you thinking about building your own route? or are you already in progress? Talk to the experts in here and find out the best way to do things!

Moderator: Moderators

StarTrekFan
Getting the hang of things now

Route glitching when I try to edit it.

Post by StarTrekFan »

Hello, so I am trying to add electrification to the Western Mainlines route from JT, but run into an issue when I try and save it. Basically, I cloned the route using TS-Tools and added some electrification to the tracks at Penzance but when I go to save the route, the editor freezes then for some reason the tracks get deleted from the route. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I know there is an issue sometimes with using the editor on the 64bit version, and made sure I was using the 32bit one. Also, I deleted the cloned version and did the cloning process again but still ran into the same issue.

Thanks
acfreeman99
Established Forum Member

Re: Route glitching when I try to edit it.

Post by acfreeman99 »

I have seen something similar where the Track Tiles folder and/or Tracks.bin folder have been set to read-only, as I have done on my route to prevent me from accidentally wrecking the track. If I do accidentally move anything which sits in these folders the Sim locks up, the track disappears and I have to restore the Track Tiles and Tracks.bin from my copy........so perhaps check this first.

Andy
secludedsfx
Well Established Forum Member

Post by secludedsfx »

StarTrekFan wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:45 pm Hello, so I am trying to add electrification to the Western Mainlines route from JT, but run into an issue when I try and save it. Basically, I cloned the route using TS-Tools and added some electrification to the tracks at Penzance but when I go to save the route, the editor freezes then for some reason the tracks get deleted from the route. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I know there is an issue sometimes with using the editor on the 64bit version, and made sure I was using the 32bit one. Also, I deleted the cloned version and did the cloning process again but still ran into the same issue.

Thanks
Even though the editor seems to freeze it's still saving in the background and the bigger a tracks.bin is the longer it takes to save (Western Mainlines is one of the biggest) so leave it like 10 mins to save and it should eventually do so.
PC Spec: i9 10900k, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 980ti, 1TB NVME SSD
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Just to add..
StarTrekFan wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:45 pm I know there is an issue sometimes with using the editor on the 64bit version
There was, but that was fixed years ago so you can use the 64 bit version of the game quite happily.
StarTrekFan

Post by StarTrekFan »

acfreeman99 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:50 pm I have seen something similar where the Track Tiles folder and/or Tracks.bin folder have been set to read-only, as I have done on my route to prevent me from accidentally wrecking the track. If I do accidentally move anything which sits in these folders the Sim locks up, the track disappears and I have to restore the Track Tiles and Tracks.bin from my copy........so perhaps check this first.

Andy
Thanks, I guess I will have to check the files and see if I can change them. Also in the meantime, I decided to try and build a route for the first time, but cant seem to find the tracks I want. I have loaded tracks from various assets such as JT WCML and KHS and all of them are already set for third rail. Do you know of any tracks for high speed running that use overhead wires as the source?
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

You can set any track to be OHLE, that's just set in the properties box--are you expecting the OHLE itself to automatically appear when you lay track?
StarTrekFan

Post by StarTrekFan »

gptech wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:11 am You can set any track to be OHLE, that's just set in the properties box--are you expecting the OHLE itself to automatically appear when you lay track?
I was just trying to find a way so that when I lay the track it already has the correct type of electrification already, so I don't have to select the track and change it for every section.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

StarTrekFan wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:45 am I was just trying to find a way so that when I lay the track it already has the correct type of electrification already
Are you using an appropriate track rule?---dead easy to copy/paste and edit an existing rule to suit your own route.

Return to “[TS] Route Building”