Try to get out of Workshop Window on TS 2020

Steam is the delivery mechanism for Train Simulator so if you have any issues making it function or questions about how it works before you start then this is the place to get your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

ImCanadian
Getting the hang of things now

Try to get out of Workshop Window on TS 2020

Post by ImCanadian »

I did contact DoveTail Games support and Steam support. First with DoveTail Games and here is my support message below from DoveTail Games Support

Thank you for contacting us regarding Train Simulator 2020.

Alt+F4 will close an open application.

If your having issues using the ingame workshop please use the one within the Steam client instead or via your web browser:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/workshop/

Which I did within the Steam client but still doesn't work. Every time I goes to Workshop Window and got froze and have to use CTRL and ALT + DEL to sign out my user account for Windows 10 or ALT + Task Manager to cancel Railworks64. I just want to make sure that the workshop scenario or workshop sharedfiles show in Workshop. One more thing I almost forgot and my operating system is Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit version and ver. 1909 and OS Build 18363-.592.
Any suggestion to use in other way than ALT + F4? Do you think that is the problem with Windows 10?

Anyway let me know about this.

Thank you,
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Try to get out of Workshop Window on TS 2020

Post by gptech »

You probably have a corrupt file in one of the workshop acquired scenarios----a recognised issue here at UKTS and there are a number of threads about it.
ImCanadian
Getting the hang of things now

Post by ImCanadian »

Thank you to gptech for your reply but these happened to every scenario or sharedfiles (workshop routes) too so I can't see every single scenario or workshop scenario got corrupted. Guess that I have to live with this problem and not because everyone help but it's a weird thing happening to my program of TS 2020 on my desktop.

Thank you to you again,

John
Deano55
Been on the forums for a while

Post by Deano55 »

Use the workshop within Steam, NOT within the game.
DTG were right to tell you this as the in-game version is slow and clunky.
Just log into Steam, click on TS in your list and then workshop, there you can see all your subscriptions and add or remove what you like from the list. You don't need to start TS2020 to do this.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

ImCanadian wrote:I can't see every single scenario or workshop scenario got corrupted
Neither can I, but all it takes is a single duff one to bring the whole game to it's knees.

Have a look at http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... +scenarios
peterfhayes
Very Active Forum Member

Post by peterfhayes »

imCanadian
Close TS and do not open until the following have been completed.
As Deano says you need to open the workshop via steam and UNSUBSCRIBE to any WS scenarios that you think that may have caused an issue or Unsubscribe to all.
Now unsubscribing is not always enough as you still may have WS scenarios/routes installed on your computer.
So use RW_Tools to edit the scenarios in every DTG route and DELETE any WS scenarios (in light blue) left behind.
I would then delete the following files:
navigate to \STEAM\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content and delete/rename the following 4 files:
SDBCache.bin;
SDBCache.bin.MD5;
RVDBCache.bin;
RVDBCache.bin.MD5;
Now you can re-open TS, and it will rebuild your scenario database.

There is also an app in the Railworks folder called NameMyRoute.exe and running that can show which scenarios are corrupt.
Particularly look for a line like this:
[Scenario GUID reading ScenarioProperties.xml failed – ‘.’, hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line xx, position xx]

(Note if the route is in an .ap file structure (eg MainContent.ap) - you may need to extract the routeproperties.xml file with 7-zip to view any scenarios)

Good luck
pH

Return to “[TS] Steam Help”