Friends

Steam is the delivery mechanism for Train Simulator so if you have any issues making it function or questions about how it works before you start then this is the place to get your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

457trains
Been on the forums for a while

Friends

Post by 457trains »

Does anyone know how to turn off or preferably delete the infuriating Friends function on Steam? I am sick of being in the middle of a scenario that gets interrupted by a message telling me that my Friends Network is unreachable and we'll keep trying and Blah-Blah-Blah. I didn't ask for this function, I don't need this function, I want rid of this function. Many thanks in advance.
Unashamed Heavy Metal/Progressive Rock/Goth Symphonic Metal fan.

Current earworm: King Crimson - Epitaph - An exercise in making a Mellotron cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C-HytsGYg0
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Friends

Post by gptech »

Are you running Steam in off-line mode?
Even if you're online you can set your 'Friends network' staus to offline by clicking the Friends tab in the top of the Steam Client window and selecting the offline option.
I've no idea if that sticks at that setting for the next time you log on, but may be worth a try.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

OK...log onto Steam, in on line mode and let the friends network connect.
In the friends window click on the 'gear wheel' icon by your account name to access the settings.
In the 'Friends List' section turn off the automatic sign in to friends when steam starts.
457trains
Been on the forums for a while

Post by 457trains »

Done and I suspect that will indeed cure it. Many thanks for that. You have just saved my monitor from being on the receiving end of a very large foot. :evil:
Unashamed Heavy Metal/Progressive Rock/Goth Symphonic Metal fan.

Current earworm: King Crimson - Epitaph - An exercise in making a Mellotron cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C-HytsGYg0

Return to “[TS] Steam Help”