Steam will not update new purchases

Steam is the delivery mechanism for Train Simulator so if you have any issues making it function or questions about how it works before you start then this is the place to get your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

johnrossetti
Very Active Forum Member

Steam will not update new purchases

Post by johnrossetti »

Which God of the Internet do I have to please to get Steam to update my game with my 5 new purchases ?

Ive set the settings to priority updates,
tried different servers,
Exited and restarted Steam, online and offline
Reset Computer Started / exited game while on line

Waited 1hr

Nothing

Steam "will not" update my game

Any ideas anyone please.
Wont Load.jpg
Thanks John
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Steam will not update new purchases

Post by michaelhendle »

Could be because where steam are in America it's still the middle of the night,I usually have to wait at least a couple of hours for steam to add items i have bought to TS2018
Mike
Ex South African Railways Employee,My favorite loco is a SAR\SAS 25C Condensing Locomotive
black8
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Northern Germany. (formerly The Hague, Netherlands)

Post by black8 »

michaelhendle wrote:Could be because where steam are in America it's still the middle of the night.....
I don't know about that. You should try to uncheck the dlc items not installed first than check them back again. This has worked for me a few times. I think it does not matter where the Steam servers are located; they operate 24/7, i.e. all the time and are not being shut down during (local) night-time.
'Why is it that the railway station is so far away from the village?'
The local pauses for a while, then replies:
'They thought it would be a good idea to build it next to the railway line.....'

(Dent Station on the Settle & Carlisle)
markpullinger
Very Active Forum Member

Post by markpullinger »

If you hover over the library button, you will get a drop down list. Choose downloads and you can push them up the list from there. :)
petermargetts
Been on the forums for a while

Post by petermargetts »

I had the same problem yesterday. By verifying local cache this solved matters and the download then started.
PeterM
Trev123
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Trev123 »

Click on your Steam TS library and at the bottom of the drop-down menu select downloads. This will open up the downloads page. Upper right it should have a time at which the download is going to start. You can override this time by selecting download now.

I have just done the above after purchasing the BR Blue Pack from DTG. Went to the downloads page and my purchase was set to download in 2hrs time. Clicked on the download now button and it downloaded. The download now button is a downwards pointing arrow.
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 1060 Strix 6GB Gaming graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram, Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HD, Seagate Firecuda 2 TB HD,
johnrossetti
Very Active Forum Member

Post by johnrossetti »

Thanks for the advice, I still don't know what was going on, last night I logged on and before I dould try doing anything advised, Steam started to download.

So non the wiser but at least I have all my purchases.

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep them in mind should this happen again.

John
Trev123
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Trev123 »

It downloaded because it had passed the time which it was meant to download it. Example download was due to start at 9:00 am you started Steam at 10:00 am so the download would start. :)
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 1060 Strix 6GB Gaming graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram, Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HD, Seagate Firecuda 2 TB HD,

Return to “[TS] Steam Help”