Steam Sign On.

Steam is the delivery mechanism for Train Simulator so if you have any issues making it function or questions about how it works before you start then this is the place to get your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

jp92214
Established Forum Member

Steam Sign On.

Post by jp92214 »

For around the last 2 weeks, every time I sign on to Steam, I am being asked to verify my email address ( green box at the top of page). I went through the procedure the first 2 or 3 times but now it's getting annoying.

Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening.

Cheers. John.
alanch
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Steam Sign On.

Post by alanch »

You say you follow the procedure - does that include opening the email Steam sends and clicking on the link?
Alan

My railway photos are now on Google + - links to the albums are in this thread http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 9&t=149558

Lots of steam and early diesels from 1959 to 1963.
Trev123
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Trev123 »

Yes if you open the email Steam has sent you there should be a code, copy and paste that into Steam to verify your account.
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 1060 Strix 6GB Gaming graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram, Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HD, Seagate Firecuda 2 TB HD,
jp92214
Established Forum Member

Post by jp92214 »

alanch wrote:You say you follow the procedure - does that include opening the email Steam sends and clicking on the link?
Alan.

Yes it does. Clicked the link and got the "verification" message each time yet it still pops up again next time I sign on.

Trev.

There is no code with the "verification" email only a link to click as mentioned above. The code comes with another email type to sign on to a new device which I don't have.

John.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

jp92214 wrote:The code comes with another email type to sign on to a new device which I don't have.
If Steam detects any change, or perceived change, in where you have the game installed it's regarded as a new installation on a "new device". Have you been inputting this code at all?
jp92214
Established Forum Member

Post by jp92214 »

gptech wrote:
jp92214 wrote:The code comes with another email type to sign on to a new device which I don't have.
If Steam detects any change, or perceived change, in where you have the game installed it's regarded as a new installation on a "new device". Have you been inputting this code at all?
Hi Gary.

All sorted now. As you say, seems like Steam thought there was a change for some reason. Changed password using a code they sent me.

Thanks to all for the help. Much appreciated.

John.
Springer6
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Springer6 »

Over the last few days , every time I tried to sign in to Steam, it said my password was wrong. So every time I had to go through the procedure of requesting a verification code to be sent to my e mail address in order to re-set the password.

This same problem occurred several times a few weeks ago, but then seemed to resolve itself.

However today I received an e-mail from Steam to say that my e-mail address has been successfully changed...I did NOT request this change of e-mail address!

Now I cannot change my e-mail back, as true to recent form, my password is also deemed invalid and need of reset.

What can I do to get my Steam account back and log onto Steam ? :(

Is there a way to contact Steam to report this ?

Return to “[TS] Steam Help”