Help Required

Steam is the delivery mechanism for Train Simulator so if you have any issues making it function or questions about how it works before you start then this is the place to get your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

TommyDiamond
Getting the hang of things now

Help Required

Post by TommyDiamond »

Im new to TS18 and have downloaded Minature railway 1 from the download section how do i know where to put them in steam

Please any infoappreciated
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Help Required

Post by gptech »

Hi.. inside the archive you've downloaded should be a ReadMe.txt and/or a .pdf document giving full instructions.
Do you have 7-Zip or WinRAR installed?---not essential but either does provide an alternative way of installing rather than the game's own routine.

As a general outline though, Routes you install go into ..\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content\Routes and assets go in ..\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Assets\<name of provider of the asset>\<the name of the product, such as Class47 or Buildings>
TommyDiamond

Post by TommyDiamond »

thanks all done just one problem when i select a logo the game freezes any ideas :o
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

TommyDiamond wrote:.......any ideas
Loads of 'em, but which one's are of any use depends on just what you're doing;
TommyDiamond wrote:when i select a logo
Is that when clicking a loco's image in the "Drive" menu, or is it a typo and you're clicking a loco in a loaded scenario?

Freezing of the game can also be down to your components, so to be thorough what are the specs of your machine?
TommyDiamond

Post by TommyDiamond »

hi its when you double click a train on the driving screen. ill get my specs as woring 12 hour shifts
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

TommyDiamond wrote:ill get my specs as woring 12 hour shifts
I hope that's a 'K' that's missing and not a 'H'.......... :wink:

My initial idea is that you're missing some of the older Kuju files---these were included as default when the route/locos were produced so won't show as being required items in the description/instructions, as everybody had them.
If I'm right and that's all it is that's not hard to remedy...so fingers crossed etc... :)

Return to “[TS] Steam Help”