A friend in Need : HELP !

Steam is the delivery mechanism for Train Simulator so if you have any issues making it function or questions about how it works before you start then this is the place to get your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Re: A friend in Need : HELP !

Post by gptech »

Derek....I think he's looking at memory dumps, NOT LogMate---the LogMate report doesn't get saved, you read it from the application whilst it's opened. Tell him to stop doing whatever it is that he's doing, and navigate to his RailWorks folder and double click on LogMate.exe; then start the game, with LogMate still running. When the game crashes, LogMate will still be open, all he needs to do is highlight the last dozen lines or so of the report, copy and paste them into a text document, e-mail it to you and then you could relay that information on to us.
shinymac wrote:How does he READ the error comment or anything else that might be generated by Logmate ?
With his eyes.....this is why I believe he's looking at the wrong files---none of us can read a memory dump!!
shinymac wrote:Would this help solve his issues ?
Not at all; or at least not putting suspect files back into an installation. He's still a way off needing to do that though, and in all honesty--and no offence meant--it would seem that neither of you could formulate a recovery strategy.
shinymac
Very Active Forum Member

Post by shinymac »

Hi Gary

OK. I am trying to contact him as I type this.

I am sure he double clicked on "Logmate.exe" in his railworks folder, then loaded up trainsimulator, selected a scenario to run, and when it crashed, went back to logmate, and all that was generated was one line of text ? But I may be wrong.

I will ask him to do it again, and will paste the report on here when (if) that happens.

Cheers friend !

Derek
shinymac
Very Active Forum Member

Post by shinymac »

Hi Gary

I have just this minute "PM,'d you".

Cheers

Derek

Return to “[TS] Steam Help”