What is folder # 24010 in my Steam Folder?

Steam is the delivery mechanism for Train Simulator so if you have any issues making it function or questions about how it works before you start then this is the place to get your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

TransportSteve
Very Active Forum Member

Re: What is folder # 24010 in my Steam Folder?

Post by TransportSteve »

But, another problem is that I have two 24010 folders within my Steam Folder, one is on SteamApps > Workshop > 24010 and the other one is in SteamApps > Downloading > 24010 and it started to fill both of these folders with my entire game, which is not going to happen, so, I've pulled the plug on it for the time being. I'll have to delete one of these folders, but, which folder do I need to keep, or, can I just unsubscribe from everything in Workshop and delete them both, does anyone know, please?

Cheerz. Steve.
i5 4690 3.5GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.
Visit my flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/59849121@N08/
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Post by ashgray »

Steve

Something's clearly not working as intended, so I think I would rename both folders into something identifiable such as backup_24010 and move them out of their current folders to somewhere completely outside of your TS2017 folder structure - see if that does the trick. If TS2017 doesn't like it and goes pear-shaped, you can always move them back and un-rename them (if that's a proper word!), then look for another solution.

Ash
Ashley Gray

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2Ghz Quad Core, Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard, 2 x 512Gb SSDs + 1TB SATA drives,
16 Gb DDR-4 Corsair RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6Gb RAM, ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT Soundcard, Windows 10 64 bit
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

TransportSteve wrote:I have two 24010 folders within my Steam Folder, one is on SteamApps > Workshop > 24010 and the other one is in SteamApps > Downloading > 24010
Yeah, one for base game/official content and one for the user generated stuff---make absolutely sure that the workshop folder only contains workshop items, bearing in mind that it will replicate the folder structure so a quick look to see a folder named 00000042-0000-0000-0000-000000002014 (for example) doesn't mean it's downloading that whole DLC route.
ashgray wrote:Something's clearly not working as intended
It could be working exactly as intended---if the game isn't being recognised then the system is doing just what it's designed to do.
He hasn't the disc space for multiple copies, hence the lack of a backup, and the downloading can't continue until space is created...... Catch 22 in a way.
Removing the folders for the stuff that's being downloaded would probably only start the whole downloading process off again from scratch, so getting the *proper* Assets and Contents folders out of there somewhere safe would be a better idea...back to the lack of disc space.....

Un-subscribing from all the Workshop items seems sensible, that has a chance of stopping that part of it.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Steve, do the .ap archives themselves still live on your system?
TransportSteve
Very Active Forum Member

Post by TransportSteve »

All my .ap files have been moved onto portable storage, they are put back as and when I want something from a particular asset or route content folder and the contents extracted using RW Tools to make the files read/write. All these .ap files are updated when DTG do a patch through Steam, so, everything is currently up to date, some content of course has never been updated, so, I still have the originals going back a few years now.

Cheerz. Steve.
i5 4690 3.5GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

OK.....as the routine that's running/stalled for lack of space/seems unlikely to be able to be aborted will remove and replace the .ap archives and any extracted content from those archives, would doing that removal for it free up a load of space? Just make sure that any edited files (AP sounds applied for example) are either copied somewhere safe or can be easily recreated.
TransportSteve
Very Active Forum Member

Post by TransportSteve »

I've done that already, Gary, I've made 105GB spare on my HDD, however, it's taking 18.5 hours to download and install this update, as I am restricted to the Broadband we have and can't get it any faster, when that has finished I will see what happens then.
Incidentally, I now have three 24010 folders in situ, Steamapps > Temp > 24010, Steamapps > Downloading > 24010 and Steamapps > Workshop > Content > 24010, and they all have new folders installed, not all the same, some Assets some routes, these routes are what my subscribed Workshop scenarios are for, so, it might be that it is downloading the route and locomotive for each scenario that I have subscribed to, and I have scenarios for German, British and American routes, it's an absolute mess.

Cheerz. Steve.

Return to “[TS] Steam Help”