AP Xmas Sale now on!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

jackbuzz
Been on the forums for a while

AP Xmas Sale now on!

Post by jackbuzz »

How much money have you got left.......?

https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ind ... ommon/home
JohnM1945
Very Active Forum Member

Re: AP Xmas Sale now on!

Post by JohnM1945 »

Significantly less than when you opened this thread... :(

John M
ReefGB
Getting the hang of things now

Post by ReefGB »

Yeesh, just checked my PayPal I've spent £137.78 since the AP sale started, and that's not including the steam stuff I needed but didn't have for requirements, I've spent £218.54 in December alone on TS :o
IronBidder
Well Established Forum Member

Post by IronBidder »

How seriously do you take your hobby? If you take it seriously you've got to have the right gear!
ReefGB

Post by ReefGB »

Exactly if you going to do it, do it right :)

Tbf I don't drink much, (a few bottles of ale a month at most) I packed in smoking 7 yrs ago, going out? Hah didn't go out before lockdown so...

PC simming is my hobby and yes I take it seriously. :)
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

I drink far too much, smoke like a chimney and relish any excuse to go out.

PC simming is my hobby but yes I have a life.

:wink:

Horses for courses chaps, we will all do//buy/implement whatever increases our enjoyment of the (any) game, but please don't tell me (and/or others) that without your idea of the *right* stuff I ain't doing it right and simply must comply!
ReefGB

Post by ReefGB »

gptech wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:46 pm but yes I have a life.

Are you implying I don't?

I have a job, I have a house (mine, not council or rented), I have a loving Wife, two grown children, two cars, many friends and family to visit or have visit me (current global situation aside of course)
I'm happy I'm content, as are all those around me.

Sounds like living to me..
gptech wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:46 pm
Horses for courses chaps, we will all do//buy/implement whatever increases our enjoyment of the (any) game, but please don't tell me (and/or others) that without your idea of the *right* stuff I ain't doing it right and simply must comply!
Back at ya.

:wink:
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

How much do I have left ?

Same amount as I had when the sale started till now :D

Had a look but nothing jumped out at me sadly.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

ReefGB wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:05 amBack at ya.
Back at me?...where did I state that you, or anybody, was wrong by buying the more *advanced* stuff?
peteskink

Post by peteskink »

I picked up the Class 86 Enhancement pack. Wasn't sure at first having watched review videos, about the way the tap changer had been implemented, but actually I don't mind it (using U + A or D).
jackbuzz

Post by jackbuzz »

peteskink wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 am I picked up the Class 86 Enhancement pack. Wasn't sure at first having watched review videos, about the way the tap changer had been implemented, but actually I don't mind it (using U + A or D).
I did the same after feeling much as you did but am very pleased with the updated loco. (I drove the original 86 before I parted with my cash so I had a good comparison of the original model textures with the AP demo video.) And if I wish to speed up in a hurry with the new model I can still press A and then D when I've been through enough notches.

Paul
peteskink

Post by peteskink »

jackbuzz wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:36 am
I did the same after feeling much as you did but am very pleased with the updated loco. (I drove the original 86 before I parted with my cash so I had a good comparison of the original model textures with the AP demo video.) And if I wish to speed up in a hurry with the new model I can still press A and then D when I've been through enough notches.

Paul
Same here, very happy with it. If you haven't already, it's worth getting the branding pack from Vulcan Productions https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/electric.html which adds the Virgin Logos to the red/black reskin and also adds Quick Drive consists for it, (if you have the Class 90 and MK2 D-F from AP)

Pete
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

jackbuzz wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:36 am
peteskink wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 am I picked up the Class 86 Enhancement pack. Wasn't sure at first having watched review videos, about the way the tap changer had been implemented, but actually I don't mind it (using U + A or D).

Paul
I changed the mapping slightly to use X + A or D as they are close to use the one hand
It works for me
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
IronBidder
Well Established Forum Member

Post by IronBidder »

Is anybody having problems buying from their site? I've just tried to order twice, had the PayPal transactions go through, but their site has failed to confirm the order or give me access to the products.

I've raised a support ticket with AP.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

I notice the Class317 is reduced in the Xmas Sale
https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/rol ... pack_vol_1

Down £3 to £16.99

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”