AP Class 175 EP being removed.

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Re: AP Class 175 EP being removed.

Post by rosschris10 »

gptech wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:46 pm
theorganist wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:20 pm But what if people simply don't want to do so? I am happy to, others not. Many people don't even visit forums like this.
People should simply take responsibility for what goes on their Personal Computer. Perhaps 3rd party producers should offer to pop round and install things for them? Being able to manage the files on your PC is NOT something that's peculiar to TS; it's much more basic.
theorganist wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:25 pm I don't quite know why AP are getting all this stick.
What stick?... it's only been questioned whether any re-released pack would be offered to existing owners as a free *update* or whether they'd have to buy it--effectively buying something twice. The wording of the announcement is possibly *wrong*; "updated form" does give the impression that it'd be with more, or improved, features but if it's merely pathing changes the term "revised form" could be more apt.
Please don’t give any more ideas. I can just see it now AP installer pack volume 1 lol.

And no doubt it would be the best installer ever that has been created since the day of computer software
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

749006 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:01 pm So if you buy a new add-on from Steam you install it yourself, sorting out all the files etc or do you let Steam install it?
Or do you have two TS Installs and have a Vanilla Steam version and another with all the mods etc?
Two installations, generally the full installation just gets a copy of any Steam acquired stuff, though I have taken that on-line to install in the normal manner from time to time--after checking in the default only copy just what's been added. Pretty easy with Steam stuff, for the most part it's in .ap packages so there isn't a huge number of files to look for.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

749006 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:45 pm Most people have a view of how things should happen in the game
But we're not discussing how things happen in the game, but whether it's reasonable to expect PC users to actually know how to use it! Basic file management!!!
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

gptech wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:54 pm
749006 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:45 pm Most people have a view of how things should happen in the game
But we're not discussing how things happen in the game, but whether it's reasonable to expect PC users to actually know how to use it! Basic file management!!!

What’s amazing me is how people created uproar when DTG removed content from steam a while back and how bad it was for them to do it. Yet it’s ok for certain others
jpvdveer
Been on the forums for a while

Post by jpvdveer »

rosschris10 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:39 pm Please don’t give any more ideas. I can just see it now AP installer pack volume 1 lol.
And no doubt it would be the best installer ever that has been created since the day of computer software

Some other usual suspect has already taken up the idea...

https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=al ... -installer
peteskink
Been on the forums for a while

Post by peteskink »

rosschris10 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:55 pm What’s amazing me is how people created uproar when DTG removed content from steam a while back and how bad it was for them to do it. Yet it’s ok for certain others
Not really the same situation though is it? DTG removed content that they were no longer allowed to sell due to the use of company logos and at the time said they couldn't produce unbranded versions. AP are removing a pack which updates a DTG product no longer available, and have said it will be re-released when updated to work with a product that is now available.
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

peteskink wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:32 am
rosschris10 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:55 pm What’s amazing me is how people created uproar when DTG removed content from steam a while back and how bad it was for them to do it. Yet it’s ok for certain others
Not really the same situation though is it? DTG removed content that they were no longer allowed to sell due to the use of company logos and at the time said they couldn't produce unbranded versions. AP are removing a pack which updates a DTG product no longer available, and have said it will be re-released when updated to work with a product that is now available.

Oh and guess what DTG re released unbranded versions after they removed the branded versions. Funny that
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

peteskink wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:32 am and have said it will be re-released when updated
No; they've said
We hope for it to return soon...
a slight, but possibly very important distinction.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

gptech wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:54 pm
I was replying to johnrossetti 's comments
Can't see what all the fuss is about ? ?
This forum really amages me sometimes, , , pimplies ??
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

jpvdveer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:33 am
rosschris10 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:39 pm Please don’t give any more ideas. I can just see it now AP installer pack volume 1 lol.

Some other usual suspect has already taken up the idea...

https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=al ... -installer
I think they word you were looking for was simmer. He is a simmer with a website who has a passion for train sim.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

rosschris10 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:36 pm I think they word you were looking for....
The word I'd use can't be written in a "family friendly" forum such as this, but I'm biased :wink:
rosschris10 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:36 pm He is a simmer with a website who has a passion for train sim.
...a simmer with a TS related/dependant business too, and therefore a passion for making money.
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

I think that all the old content removed is still available to those that have purchased them, still available to me in my downloads section.
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)
Non technically minded individual!

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

I don't quite know why AP are getting all this stick.
C'mon Peter, the usual "suspects" and their sympathisers will always make a point whom suffering from the three C's to have a knock at AP at any chance "they" get!
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)
Non technically minded individual!

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

smarty2 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:46 am I think that all the old content removed is still available to those that have purchased them, still available to me in my downloads section.
Indeed they are HOWEVER branding patches etc wont be as those must be freely available on the product page. When AP remove a product from the "store" it also removes the Extra stock packs for the included scenarios and the branding patch.

Also sorry dont see ANYONE trolling AP so fail to see why you commented that comment.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

smarty2 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:50 am the usual "suspects" and their sympathisers will always make a point whom suffering from the three C's to have a knock at AP at any chance "they" get!
Once again, where have AP been "knocked" in this thread?

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”