AP Class 175 EP being removed.

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Re: AP Class 175 EP being removed.

Post by rosschris10 »

https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/cla ... ement_pack

Struggling to find what else they can do to the current enhance pack. Giving it is titled to have accurate braking physics etc etc. And the sounds are pretty good
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

rosschris10 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:25 pm https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/cla ... ement_pack

Struggling to find what else they can do to the current enhance pack. Giving it is titled to have accurate braking physics etc etc. And the sounds are pretty good
Make the installer work with the revised South Wales Coastal routes and maybe the TfW livery will be added.
The current pack are only for those who purchased the routes prior to withdrawal from sale so demand will be limited.
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Those with both the original and unbranded routes probably can/could easily apply the AP enhancement to the unbranded stock--all it needs is an enhanced .bin to use as a base; edit that to point to the new stock and you're done.
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

749006 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:26 am
rosschris10 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:25 pm https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/cla ... ement_pack

Make the installer work with the revised South Wales Coastal routes and maybe the TfW livery will be added.
The current pack are only for those who purchased the routes prior to withdrawal from sale so demand will be limited.
And again unbranded routes have came out in the past but AP have never removed them. And there is a freeware reskins available for the TfW already.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

rosschris10 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:57 pm And again unbranded routes have came out in the past but AP have never removed them. And there is a freeware reskins available for the TfW already.
Yes, AP could leave this pack on sale as it is.
Does it make a difference to anyone if they don't ?

AP are looking at the market where people wish to by something and just install it - job done.
The people buying the pack may not be comfortable with downloading a repaint and doing all the Geo copying
My Railway Pictures
peteskink
Been on the forums for a while

Post by peteskink »

No surprise that they're going to update the pack, the last thing they want is someone buying the pack, finding it doesn't work straight out of the box and then complaining they want their money back. They've given fair warning that it's going to be removed, so anyone who wants it for the original route has a chance to buy it.
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

749006 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:06 pm
rosschris10 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:57 pm And again unbranded routes have came out in the past but AP have never removed them. And there is a freeware reskins available for the TfW already.
Yes, AP could leave this pack on sale as it is.
Does it make a difference to anyone if they don't ?

AP are looking at the market where people wish to by something and just install it - job done.
The people buying the pack may not be comfortable with downloading a repaint and doing all the Geo copying
Well giving the fact you have utilities in the sim itself to install the livery that’s a pretty bad point.

So what every time a brand new livery comes out should ap remove a pack to “update it” with the livery. Have heard it all now.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

749006 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:06 pm people...…….may not be comfortable with downloading a repaint and doing all the Geo copying
But people have been doing that for a decade; it isn't some complex routine but merely basic file management, so if copying and pasting is beyond anyone they need guidance/tuition.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

rosschris10 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:10 pm
749006 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:06 pmAP are looking at the market where people wish to by something and just install it - job done.
Well giving the fact you have utilities in the sim itself to install the livery that’s a pretty bad point.
You obviously have not looked at this Major Wales pack as there is not a RWP file and it is a Drag and Drop method and either a bat file or
• Manually copy the files (as below)
Copy 175_DMSL.GeoPcDx from
DTG\BristolCardiff\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class175\DMSL\ to DTG\BristolCardiff\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class175_TfW\DMSL

Copy 175_MSL.GeoPcDx from
DTG\BristolCardiff\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class175\MSL to DTG\BristolCardiff\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class175_TfW\MSL
As was pointed out in the post above yours
peteskink wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:24 pm No surprise that they're going to update the pack, the last thing they want is someone buying the pack, finding it doesn't work straight out of the box and then complaining they want their money back. They've given fair warning that it's going to be removed, so anyone who wants it for the original route has a chance to buy it.
My Railway Pictures
theorganist
Very Active Forum Member

Post by theorganist »

gptech wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:35 am
749006 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:06 pm people...…….may not be comfortable with downloading a repaint and doing all the Geo copying
But people have been doing that for a decade; it isn't some complex routine but merely basic file management, so if copying and pasting is beyond anyone they need guidance/tuition.
But what if people simply don't want to do so? I am happy to, others not. Many people don't even visit forums like this.

Peter
theorganist
Very Active Forum Member

Post by theorganist »

I don't quite know why AP are getting all this stick.

I know there has been and still is much endless and needless bashing of DTG, but two wrongs don't make a right, AP might have many vociferous supporters who might be the same people who beat DTG with a big stick but that isn't AP's fault!

Peter
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

theorganist wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:20 pm But what if people simply don't want to do so? I am happy to, others not. Many people don't even visit forums like this.
People should simply take responsibility for what goes on their Personal Computer. Perhaps 3rd party producers should offer to pop round and install things for them? Being able to manage the files on your PC is NOT something that's peculiar to TS; it's much more basic.
theorganist wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:25 pm I don't quite know why AP are getting all this stick.
What stick?... it's only been questioned whether any re-released pack would be offered to existing owners as a free *update* or whether they'd have to buy it--effectively buying something twice. The wording of the announcement is possibly *wrong*; "updated form" does give the impression that it'd be with more, or improved, features but if it's merely pathing changes the term "revised form" could be more apt.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

gptech wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:46 pm People should simply take responsibility for what goes on their Personal Computer. Perhaps 3rd party producers should offer to pop round and install things for them? Being able to manage the files on your PC is NOT something that's peculiar to TS; it's much more basic.
So if you buy a new add-on from Steam you install it yourself, sorting out all the files etc or do you let Steam install it?
Or do you have two TS Installs and have a Vanilla Steam version and another with all the mods etc?
My Railway Pictures
johnrossetti
Very Active Forum Member

Post by johnrossetti »

I think I have enough Class 175 for now,
Railworks Class 175.jpg
but
If I buy this one (the original) or the new (to be added one)
Surly they will work on either route if I create a scenario to include one or the other ?
Can't see what all the fuss is about ? ?
This forum really amages me sometimes, , , pimplies ??
I think I will shoot myself.
John
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

johnrossetti wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:10 pm This forum really amages me sometimes, , , pimplies ??
I think I will shoot myself.
John
Most people have a view of how things should happen in the game and where those opinions differ is where you get disagreements.
My Railway Pictures

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”