AP Class 175 EP being removed.

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

AP Class 175 EP being removed.

Post by Merlin75 »

Just a heads up that the AP 175 class 175 EP pack is being removed from sale.

From AP's FB page:

Armstrong Powerhouse
4 hrs ·
On Friday 4th December, the Class 175 Enhancement Pack will be removed from sale in its current form.

We hope for it to return soon in an updated form, which will function with the recently re-released South Wales Coastal route.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Re: AP Class 175 EP being removed.

Post by rosschris10 »

sorry but the last part confuses me ????

"We hope for it to return soon in an updated form, which will function with the recently re-released South Wales Coastal route."

Isnt it the same 175 DTG have used when creating the welsh routes so i fail to see how this would be the need for the AP pack to be removed.

Or is it a case of because DTG re release the route AP are going change the pack on AP website and "update it" to resell it as an updated pack ???.

I have the current pack already and honestly cannot see anything wrong with it.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

"Update form" may be marketing spiel for "with the pathing for the files slightly revised"
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

gptech wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:23 pm "Update form" may be marketing spiel for "with the pathing for the files slightly revised"
Well if thats the case i hpoe excisting owners dont need to pay again just for some files to be revised.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

...but it'll be UPDATED-----"shiney, shiney….new....must buy..."

You know how the faithful view these things.
jpvdveer
Been on the forums for a while

Post by jpvdveer »

I guess they had little choice - currently it is an enhancement pack for stock included with DTG routes that are no longer available.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

I think the revised pack would also come with Arriva branding and they 175 might be released in TfW livery - like the real trains

But if you can not wait there is a TfW repaint on Major Wales
https://www.major.wales/reskins/TFW
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
GrateEastern

Post by GrateEastern »

Wow, AP Deniers are easily triggered aren't they?

You can't buy the Class 175 to which the original EP relates, so they're updating it so that people who've just got the unbranded route/dlc can buy the EP too.
AP always look after their existing customers, this will be a free update for us.

Note "Customer" does not equal "Fanboy", if your response to that is to simply endorse your own "confirmation bias", then I know a good therapist. My therapist in fact.
IronBidder
Well Established Forum Member

Post by IronBidder »

AP deniers! Love it, though I think the correct term is AP hater.

Personally I'm an AP ultra, or is that an AP fanboy? I've got so confused since the 'vid rotted my brain.
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

GrateEastern wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm Wow, AP Deniers are easily triggered aren't they?

You can't buy the Class 175 to which the original EP relates, so they're updating it so that people who've just got the unbranded route/dlc can buy the EP too.
AP always look after their existing customers, this will be a free update for us.

Note "Customer" does not equal "Fanboy", if your response to that is to simply endorse your own "confirmation bias", then I know a good therapist. My therapist in fact.
So because you can’t buy it anymore ap are removing the pack to “update it”. Sorry but that’s never been the case before just because a dtg unit has been removed AP have never removed the pack to update it. Going to be very interesting if AP charge current users for the 175 again.

Also note seeing you you make a statement about “customer does not mean fanboy”. The same is said about anyone who dare to criticise AP don’t make them a hater.

Agree with you Gary. Just wait for the first post to appear on the Facebook page it will be the best pack ever as per usual.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

GrateEastern wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm this will be a free update for us.
So you're involved with it then?
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

IronBidder wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:49 pm AP deniers! Love it
Does AP denier make your legs look longer and slimmer? Is it nice and warm to wear?
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

GrateEastern wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm Wow, AP Deniers are easily triggered aren't they?

Can you provide proof from source this is a free update. That’s not the impression I am getting from reading comments and replies on the Facebook page. Also if it is a free update why remove the current one from sale.
rwaceyw
LMS Guru

Post by rwaceyw »

Why not just wait for information to be made available rather than wildly speculate on the little available?
Been here long enough to know better...
peteskink

Post by peteskink »

Given what's happened in the past, I would expect one of two options, either:
a. the pack is updated and becomes available to buy again - existing owners can download the update from their account, or
b. the original pack is retired and a new, updated version goes on sale - owners of the original pack can still download it from their account, or choose to buy the new one.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”