TS2021 & WCML Euston to Birmingham

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

peteskink
Been on the forums for a while

Re: TS2021 & WCML Euston to Birmingham

Post by peteskink »

smarty2 wrote:Thanks, but it appears it isn't showing in the asset list? Domestic or industrial.
Miscellaneous
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyUK »

chris higgin wrote:After having another go at the TS2021 WCML route for a couple of hours today I have requested a refund. The route is not all bad, but with very low frame rates, and large sections of overhead line and underground conductor rail missing, as well as other faults I do not think it's fit for purpose or worth the price it needs a lot of work.
Just to correct what seems to be a growing misconception - there aren't large sections of overhead line and conductor rail missing and the very low frame rates are almost certainly down to the bundled stock which taxes any system when used as AI in the supplied Career scenarios and Quick Drives. Try what I suggested earlier and run some QDs with the 'Player Train Only' option ticked and you'll more than likely see the route in a new light complete with intact overhead and juice rails.

I'm not excusing DTG for the pack being released with the issues that are being encountered just pointing out that as far as I can see the bulk of the problem lies with the rolling stock, not the route, and hopefully is therefore relatively simple for DTG to fix.

Andy L
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

AndyUK wrote:Try what I suggested earlier and run some QDs with the 'Player Train Only' option ticked and you'll more than likely see the route in a new light complete with intact overhead and juice rails.
Come on Andy; that's just a post designed to ruin the chance for a damn good moan at DTG by making sense! That is not how it's done, and you should know that by now.
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

chris higgin wrote:After having another go at the TS2021 WCML route for a couple of hours today I have requested a refund. The route is not all bad, but with very low frame rates, and large sections of overhead line and underground conductor rail missing, as well as other faults I do not think it's fit for purpose or worth the price it needs a lot of work.

Chris H
Problem must be your end as like the person above i am not missing any OHLE or 3rd/4th rail sections. Try making sure your graphics are turned up and your using the 64bit version of the sim.
sbowness
Established Forum Member

Post by sbowness »

One thing I've just noticed is that a new version of the manual has not been included with the update that I received. On top of that, the one on Steam is only 29 pages long, compared to 89 last year. A fair chunk of it has also be superseded, including the very first screenshot, that of the main menu, which appears to be the one from TS2016. It has very little information to help the beginner. It's a pretty poor effort.
Stephen
chris higgin

Post by chris higgin »

Coiuld I just say that to Andy that I tried his suggestion about using other stock on the route ,and yes it did improve frame rates by about two or three, but sections of overhead and conductor rail were still missing
To be fair my refund request was dealt with very quickly, I explained why I was requesting a refund and said that when they get things right I will quite happily purchase the route.
I get the impression that the route was pushed out quickly and fail to see why none of this was spotted , hopefully they can put things right in the near future.

Chris H
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyUK »

chris higgin wrote:Coiuld I just say that to Andy that I tried his suggestion about using other stock on the route ,and yes it did improve frame rates by about two or three, but sections of overhead and conductor rail were still missing...
Sorry to have got your hopes up Chris but you don't mention that you used the 'Player Train Only' option in a Quick Drive when you tried again. Just to check what I'd found earlier wasn't a fluke I've just set up a QD from Euston (Slow) to Watford Jn (Slow) using the bundled 8-Car Class 350/2 consist and sat in Euston without changing the view I got 24 fps with AI and 40 fps 'Player Train Only'.

Too late for you now Chris but it might help others pending the fixes which DTG are working on according to their forum. (https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thread ... nts.27504/)

Andy L
jpvdveer

Post by jpvdveer »

Note that DTG is actually apologising in the forum post linked to above for the issues with the route - a rare occurrence but certainly a welcome one.
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

I agree with the complaints about this route, it was not ready judging by the state of Euston station alone! The other stations are modelled very nicely though (with the exception of B'ham New St) it's just that the rest of the route isn't in quite a few peoples opinions, glad to hear that DtG has held their hands up on this one, didn't with Koblenz Frankfurt. :-?

I used to hold DtG's routes in high regard but they are definitely taking 2 steps backwards these day's, wheres QC? :-?
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)
Non technically minded individual!

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

rosschris10 wrote:

Chris H
Problem must be your end as like the person above i am not missing any OHLE or 3rd/4th rail sections. Try making sure your graphics are turned up and your using the 64bit version of the sim.
Have a watch of this at 18.25 as you pass Willesden Depot without wires and then you can tell him to change his settings

This video is hosted by YouTube, a site which is outside of the editorial control of UKTrainSim and as such Parental Control is strongly advised.
To view the video, click on the PLAY button.
If you click anywhere else on this video, you will be taken to a YouTube page, where you may find yourself subjected to content that you feel is offensive.
If you feel THIS video is inappropriate, please report it to a moderator immediately for prompt action.

Somebody else said the wires are there in the Editor but the game is not drawing fast enough to show them in busy areas
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
SkylineBoy
Well Established Forum Member

Post by SkylineBoy »

rosschris10 wrote: Problem must be your end as like the person above i am not missing any OHLE or 3rd/4th rail sections. Try making sure your graphics are turned up and your using the 64bit version of the sim.
Your blind love for this company really makes you look silly at times because it isnt a problem at their end. Its well documented in various videos and even in replies from DTG themselves that there is an issue with lofts not rendering in certain locations at some times but not other times.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Could somebody with missing OHLE/3rd rail post with the exact location?....let's do some investigating rather than arguing.
SkylineBoy

Post by SkylineBoy »

Reports have been most common in the willseden area. Look at it in the editor and its there but drive to it at speed and there is a chance large parts dont load.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

SkylineBoy wrote:Reports have been most common in the willseden area. Look at it in the editor and its there but drive to it at speed and there is a chance large parts dont load.
So it's not strictly missing; at least not in the sense of "hasn't been included" so it's more a case of a case of that on some/many/most/all systems, under specific circumstances the display of some of the items is suppressed--maybe akin to a scenery object having too low a LOD.

https://youtu.be/HtD8mNMAUMc
SkylineBoy

Post by SkylineBoy »

gptech wrote:
So it's not strictly missing; at least not in the sense of "hasn't been included" so it's more a case of a case of that on some/many/most/all systems, under specific circumstances the display of some of the items is suppressed--maybe akin to a scenery object having too low a LOD.

https://youtu.be/HtD8mNMAUMc
Yeah in a similar way that lofts disappear when speeding up with the synceys command but in this case at a lower speed.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”