TS2021 & WCML Euston to Birmingham

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

Very Active Forum Member

Re: TS2021 & WCML Euston to Birmingham

Post by 749006 »

gptech wrote:As the 350 will probably be the Trent Valley stock, or at least based on it, then this'll probably port over quite nicely to it...
There's definitely a lot to look forward to!
The manual credits Waggonz for the 350/1 /2 /3

The Northampton Route is not shown in the Manual - https://store.steampowered.com/manual/1364033
Not sure how much of the DC Watford lines are included

The route is £24.99
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1364 ... ute_AddOn/
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
SkylineBoy
Well Established Forum Member

Post by SkylineBoy »

749006 wrote:Not sure how much of the DC Watford lines are included
All of it.
matthews
Getting the hang of things now

Post by matthews »

Frame rates on WCML south are awful. Not managed more than 15 between Euston and Watford (Pendolino). My Computer can manage complex AP scenarios on South London or GEML with few issues but this kills it.
Jimmerz
Well Established Forum Member

Post by Jimmerz »

matthews wrote:Frame rates on WCML south are awful. Not managed more than 15 between Euston and Watford (Pendolino). My Computer can manage complex AP scenarios on South London or GEML with few issues but this kills it.
I’m glad I’m not the only one, there seems to be a substantial lag of loading loft items, I had no OHLE between Wembley Central and South Kenton-ish which was quite noticeable until it loaded. Loaded a scenario leaving Birmingham New Street and the FPS wasn’t that brilliant on the stretch out to International either, numerous lag spikes and jumping.

James
If you have time, please visit my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/southwesternrailways/
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

It is live now on Twitch/Youtube

There are getting 15fps although it is foggy
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyUK »

If you're experiencing low frame rates running one of the included Career Scenarios, try a Quick Drive with the 'Player Train Only' option ticked. That helped to raise mine quite a lot, admittedly in the very complex areas they aren't brilliant, but I think it might show that the bundled rolling stock used as AI is a significant drain on the PC's resources. OK, its not a fix but perhaps shows that there's room for DTG to improve things without dumbing down the route.

Andy L
chris higgin
Been on the forums for a while

Post by chris higgin »

I do not usually purchase routes this early,I like to wait until I have seen comments etc before I buy, I have to say I'm very disappointed by the low frame rates which are running between 11-20. There is also a fairly long section around Wembley where both the middle and outer conductor rails are missing from the underground lines. I am used to frame rates 0f between 25 to 60 on most routes even those that are heavy on resources, although its not impossible to play and tile loading does not seem to be an issue. I assume because TS21 is on its own ssd that helps somewhat at those frame rates, I would have expected it to be jerky and unplayable.
Having said that from what I have seen it seems pretty good scenery wise, Coventry was easily recognisable as well as Birmingham International and a few other places. I think problems will come when areas such as Willesden yard are populated with stock, it may well become unplayable. The route out of Waterloo runs very well with a lot of traffic down to Clapham as well as a lot of stock in Clapham yard, I'm no expert in these matters but if it works on a lot routes why not this one, it looks as if it might have some potential.
skoda
Established Forum Member

Post by skoda »

Just had a run from International into New Street and there was a few stutters along the way . The Rotunda is there at New St as is the Bull Ring . Lawley street Freightliner is included (without cranes) . Moor Street station and track is included but it isn't as detailed as the JT version . International has the NEC and Airports modelled . Been a few years since I worked over the real thing but everything was recognisable . Thank you DTG :D
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

Yes even my old local station of many years ago (Lea Hall) is well done, buildings in Brum itself take a while to fully load as Skoda says the Rotunda is there but I didn't see the BT tower?
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)
Non technically minded individual!

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

749006 wrote:The manual credits Waggonz for the 350/1 /2 /3
It does indeed; and the texture files are completely different so it ain't a simple copy over operation to get existing reskins on the newer stock. Surprising, given DTG's track record of bundling existing stock with routes. OK, there's the complication of the existing 350 being Thomson's so a new model may have been the only way forward.

Too early to get a real impression of the route itself, but low-ish frame rates also hit the freeware route in many places--not surprising given the number of tracks and associated OHLE/3rd rail lofts but I would say the freeware is very slightly (2 fps max) *better* than this new route.
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

Not having the Northampton lines is a downer for me which means Alex's version will undoubtedly get more of an outing, also, a minor gripe and that is in and around New street the bridges and parapets and retaining walls are all blue brick, in reality, details like that are important to me, a simple cab ride vid would have shown that small but important detail.

https://www.iambirmingham.co.uk/wp-cont ... anner1.png

I hope Alex will use the assets to upgrade his version of the line.
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

Just out of interest can someone point me in the direction of the BT tower in JT's Chiltern Mainline, I can't locate it?
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
peteskink

Post by peteskink »

smarty2 wrote:Just out of interest can someone point me in the direction of the BT tower in JT's Chiltern Mainline, I can't locate it?
It's in JustTrains\ChilternMainline\Scenery\Building called jt_building_bt_tower.GeoPcDx
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

Thanks, but it appears it isn't showing in the asset list? Domestic or industrial.
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
chris higgin

Post by chris higgin »

After having another go at the TS2021 WCML route for a couple of hours today I have requested a refund. The route is not all bad, but with very low frame rates, and large sections of overhead line and underground conductor rail missing, as well as other faults I do not think it's fit for purpose or worth the price it needs a lot of work.

Chris H

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”