The Chiltern Line: London-Birmingham from JT

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

rfletcher72
Very Active Forum Member

Re: The Chiltern Line: London-Birmingham from JT

Post by rfletcher72 »

Drogba11CFC wrote:You can see the trains from behind one of the goals.
Is that only because the stands are always empty? 8)
Richard
Varney
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Varney »

Understandably it appears that DTG have consciously avoided creating the lines into the London Termini of Marylebone, Euston and Fenchurch Street, as there are significant LT/DLR assets to create, so this is welcome news.
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

Varney wrote:Understandably it appears that DTG have consciously avoided creating the lines into the London Termini of Marylebone, Euston and Fenchurch Street, as there are significant LT/DLR assets to create, so this is welcome news.

Dont think it has anything to do with assets as majority of new routes need assets created anyway. The NLL shares its track with LT between Gunnersbry and Richmond. Also DTG done the DLR tracks around Stratford and modeled the stratford DLR station pretty well giving its awkward shape
dumpadillo
Well Established Forum Member

Post by dumpadillo »

Waterloo as well

Dumps
Varney
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Varney »

rosschris10 wrote:
Varney wrote:Understandably it appears that DTG have consciously avoided creating the lines into the London Termini of Marylebone, Euston and Fenchurch Street, as there are significant LT/DLR assets to create, so this is welcome news.

Dont think it has anything to do with assets as majority of new routes need assets created anyway. The NLL shares its track with LT between Gunnersbry and Richmond. Also DTG done the DLR tracks around Stratford and modeled the stratford DLR station pretty well giving its awkward shape
Assets also include rolling stock.
bri2808

Post by bri2808 »

rfletcher72 wrote:When will it be released?
Whilst I am sure your comments were tongue in cheek Richard and you have since edited them (the joys of quoting) I think in light of the fact that JT have released one expansion to the Western Mainlines and a second one is on the way it was a valid question as to whether or not this would be a further expansion. However, If I am told it isn't as was the response then that's the end of that, I am not one to argue the point!!
ttjph
Very Active Forum Member

Post by ttjph »

dumpadillo wrote:Why is everybody getting so excited by this annoncement. There already exists an excellent route covering Marylebone to Birmingham and onto Kidderminster plus London Underground lines by Photon. All it needs is some tidying up and some new scenarios and it is free!!
In my case, JT's / almark's new offering is likely to be significantly cheaper than buying:

RSC London to Brighton
RSC Portsmouth Direct Line
RSC Isle of Wight
RSC Settle and Carlisle
RSC Riviera Line
JT Scottish ECML
JT Newcastle - York Modern
JT Bristol to Avonmouth
JT Bristol to Exeter
Thomson Edinburgh to Glasgow
Thomson GARL

(deleted the payware requirements that I do have... although in fairness I also have my eye on L-B just for the bundled scenarios for my JT Advanced diesel fleet)

So thanks, almark and JT - I'll put this on my list, as not only am I a fan of the 68 and of JT's 67, but I live not too far off this route!
i5-4690k | 16 GB | GTX970 | Win 10 64bit | h/k SoundSticks | 1680x1050
Getting the hang of things now

Post by 156478 »

Looking forwards to this route, always love driving a JT route and these shots show the standards are as high as ever.

I just hope there isnt the sheer amount of trees like there was on Western Mainlines- I had to delete hundreds of trees to get a decent frame rate, especially on leaving Oxford- was a slideshow until I got a 'chopping!
almark
Very Active Forum Member

Post by almark »

The near trees are no further than 50M from the track and each one is scaled to a realistic size where appropriate,in the hope that it provides realistic embankments and cuttings :)
johnrossetti
Very Active Forum Member

Post by johnrossetti »

I too will buy this route (Gerrards +) being my local. I also would have loved it to be part of WM but I understand and respect the decision of the author. As this route and WM originated from the same hand, might I hope they have the same start point ? For a potential join ?
Looking forward regardless. Cheers.
sprulish
Getting the hang of things now

Post by sprulish »

johnrossetti wrote:I too will buy this route (Gerrards +) being my local. I also would have loved it to be part of WM but I understand and respect the decision of the author. As this route and WM originated from the same hand, might I hope they have the same start point ? For a potential join ?
Same here, live in Stoke Poges so Gerrards Cross or Slough my local. Looking forward to release of this. Well done to all involved

David :D
almark
Very Active Forum Member

Post by almark »

johnrossetti wrote:I too will buy this route (Gerrards +) being my local. I also would have loved it to be part of WM but I understand and respect the decision of the author. As this route and WM originated from the same hand, might I hope they have the same start point ? For a potential join ?

Ben Garfirth would need to answer that but I have a feeling he said no (though I am not certain).
almark
Very Active Forum Member

Post by almark »

almark wrote:

Ben Garfirth would need to answer that but I have a feeling he said no (though I am not certain).
Ben has confirmed that the answer is no.
Fincra5

Post by Fincra5 »

rfletcher72 wrote:
Drogba11CFC wrote:You can see the trains from behind one of the goals.
Is that only because the stands are always empty? 8)
Well played... :D
almark
Very Active Forum Member

Post by almark »

I've taken more pictures,which have been uploaded to the in-dev page:
https://www.justtrains.net/product/chil ... birmingham

Note,all are to be considered Work-In-Progress.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”