Western Mainlines

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

lenfish
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Western Mainlines

Post by lenfish »

Trev123 wrote:
FoityBill wrote:It's no big secret, use the code 'WESTERN' at the checkout.
Don't think you should of posted this. I posted a email code once which upset a few people and got deleted.
Better a purchase at the sale price than no purchase at all as far as a company like JT is concerned.

Regards,

Len
chrisonline
Very Active Forum Member

Post by chrisonline »

lenfish wrote:
Trev123 wrote:
Don't think you should of posted this. I posted a email code once which upset a few people and got deleted.
Better a purchase at the sale price than no purchase at all as far as a company like JT is concerned.

Regards,

Len
With respect, that's not for you to decide. It was wrong to post the code if it is specifically for newsletter subscribers, and only for JT to decide if they are happy for the code to be made generally available.

I thought members of this forum were above that. Very sad.
Chris Laurence
Front Royal, Virginia, United States
almark
Very Active Forum Member

Post by almark »

If it were meant for users of UKTS specifically then the code would've been put on here by JT.... :roll:
Will
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Will »

I agree with the above commenters, I'm not happy either you're posting codes out meant for newsletter subscribers only. Great job mate. :roll: Real smart.
davejc64
Very Active Forum Member

Post by davejc64 »

Will wrote:I agree with the above commenters, I'm not happy either you're posting codes out meant for newsletter subscribers only. Great job mate. :roll: Real smart.
You agreed that much that you quoted the post with the offending code. :lol:
"Young boys in the park jumpers for goalposts, that's what football is all about."
Varney
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Varney »

Wow, so much over reaction. Hilarious. :lol:
JohnM1945
Very Active Forum Member

Post by JohnM1945 »

Varney posted:
Wow, so much over reaction. Hilarious. :lol:
Maybe not that hilarious if this is how you make a living... :-?

See how your local supermarket likes it if you forge or falsely acquire 'special offer' vouchers... :roll:

And if they quibble, just tell them
Better a purchase at the sale price than no purchase at all
They'll be laughing all the way to the Court!

Kind regards,

John M
Will
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Will »

davejc64 wrote:
Will wrote:I agree with the above commenters, I'm not happy either you're posting codes out meant for newsletter subscribers only. Great job mate. :roll: Real smart.
You agreed that much that you quoted the post with the offending code. :lol:
The irony I was trying to portray (at the fact it had been re-quoted further above) didn't look right after re-reading it... My bad. :lol:
FoityBill
Been on the forums for a while

Western Mainlines

Post by FoityBill »

If you don't want to use the code because you think you might be commiting some sort of fraud, then pay the full price. I was trying to help someone we had misplaced their email. I notice that when people repost codes or offers that are advertised on Facebook or Twitter for non users of those platforms, nobody kicks up a stink, surely them offers are for Facebook likers or Twitter followers only? Anyway I'll keep my posts to myself in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

I'm not saying Foitybill was right or wrong to post the discount code but in the past I have missed out because the email did not get to my computer.

The DTG Sale has been on for a number of days now but I only got an email today.
And I missed a VR sale a few months back when I did not get an email despite being on their list.
3DZug send out a code for a discount but I that is person specific.

A comment from Just Trains would be helpful on the subject saying if they frowned on the idea of posting codes here or if they did not mind.

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

If JT were happy with a discount code being "out in the wild" surely the code is superfluous---it'd be a general sale.
bri2808

Post by bri2808 »

Which is exactly why I didnt post the code in my opening post.

Regret the whole post now!! :x
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaelhendle »

It seems although some of us are signed up to receive email notifications for one reason or another we never got the email,I certainly didn't get it this time
If I buy the route am I committing fraud even though I'm signed up to receive e.mail notifications but didn't receive it this time,after all over the last few months I have spent quite a bit of money buying new JT items
Mike
FoityBill
Been on the forums for a while

Western Mainlines

Post by FoityBill »

I tell you what Mike you can use my code, as I wasn't going to bother. If I get done for fraud (good grief!!!!) then I'm not bothered, seriously there are more important things in life to get worked up about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lenfish

Post by lenfish »

Mountain out of a molehill. Those of us receiving the newsletter have not signed a non-disclosure agreement and if you carried the argument about not broadcasting the discount code to its logical conclusion this would mean not disclosing anything in the newsletter to anyone, including new products not previously announced.
Regards,
Len

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”