TS2017 news as gamescom

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

TS2017 news as gamescom

Post by rosschris10 »

Just came across this thread in the TS steam forums that shows aerosoft are promoting TS2017 with 3 current routes at a games conference in Germany which I imagine is games com

News about TS2017 !
The following routes will be included in TS2017:

-Hamburg - Lübeck
-Ligne Grand Vitesse Marseille Saint Charles - Avignon
-North Jersey Coast Line

http://rail-sim.de/forum/index.php/Atta ... flyer-jpg/

http://rail-sim.de/forum/index.php/Atta ... flyer-jpg/

Wonder how accurate this is
wild5551
Getting the hang of things now

Re: TS2017 news as gamescom

Post by wild5551 »

That'll be fun. :roll:
tnleeuw01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tnleeuw01 »

Earth shattering news indeed. The WOW of that is just... It's just Unreal, you know?

--Tim
titti41
Been on the forums for a while

Post by titti41 »

Interesting, I miss all these routes, and then when TS2017 will be discounted at 80% as usual I will buy again the same simulator with these three missing routes at 5-6 euros, less than 2 euros for route... :lol:
tnleeuw01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tnleeuw01 »

Of course the real question is, will it have support for NVidia Ansel technology? :lol:

Playing around with it in The Witcher 3, it is actual quite cool.

--Tim
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

:sleeping:
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)
Non technically minded individual!

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
almark
Very Active Forum Member

Post by almark »

One would assume that they have announced (will be) this with no new content as they are set to announce TS Unreal. A Faux Pas on the part of Aerosoft?
theorganist
Very Active Forum Member

Post by theorganist »

I can't imagine this is anything to do with the "big" announcement. If they were just planning a yearly upgrade as usual in September why not announce it as usual before the summer holidays, and there quite likely would have been a new route included.

If I was a betting man I would bet that it will be announcement of a new simulator using the Unreal engine with a pre-Christmas release, however I could be wrong!

Peter
Timex

Post by Timex »

theorganist wrote:I can't imagine this is anything to do with the "big" announcement. If they were just planning a yearly upgrade as usual in September why not announce it as usual before the summer holidays, and there quite likely would have been a new route included.

If I was a betting man I would bet that it will be announcement of a new simulator using the Unreal engine with a pre-Christmas release, however I could be wrong!

Peter
Exactly what I was thinking.
Pre-Christmas release is a must for DTG I think.
I think it will be totally re-branded too, so no TS2017.
mearle73

Post by mearle73 »

Timex wrote:
theorganist wrote:I can't imagine this is anything to do with the "big" announcement. If they were just planning a yearly upgrade as usual in September why not announce it as usual before the summer holidays, and there quite likely would have been a new route included.

Peter
Exactly what I was thinking.
Pre-Christmas release is a must for DTG I think.
I think it will be totally re-branded too, so no TS2017.
Why as a business you would announce it for a pre xmas release, the sales of TS2016 and add ons would fall off a cliff,to keep the money coming in I would have thought they would not say anything until Unreal 4 version is ready for release.
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

Well hopefully we will find out this week :)
Varney
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Varney »

Looks like the Euro version. The UK version normally ships with a UK route.
Mr395008
Well Established Forum Member

Post by Mr395008 »

I kind of expected this. What I'm expecting is - TS2017 (updated menu and other 'features' etc) to be released middle of September and then Train Simulator UE (Unreal Engine) to be released later this year, early next year.

I've got no intention on buying any more upgrades or DLC (unless it's something I'm really interested in) until the UE version is announced because that's what I really want as a consumer. There's a reason why I've upgraded my PC and it's not for the current game engine, that's for sure!
Johnny
k3v1n989a813

Post by k3v1n989a813 »

To be honest, I'm not really surprised they're sticking to the old Kuju engine which is approaching its 10th birthday. Think about it for a second, TS2016 was announced only a few months after the release of TS2015, if the Unreal version was released this year, they'd be hyping it up right after the release of TS2016. Also, it's a bit strange that DTG aren't hyping up this game like usual. Even TS2015 had quite a bit of information months before its release. It almost feels like they're deliberately making this release as discreet as possible to avoid disappointment for those waiting for the Unreal version.
secludedsfx
Well Established Forum Member

Post by secludedsfx »

k3v1n989a813 wrote:To be honest, I'm not really surprised they're sticking to the old Kuju engine which is approaching its 10th birthday. Think about it for a second, TS2016 was announced only a few months after the release of TS2015, if the Unreal version was released this year, they'd be hyping it up right after the release of TS2016. Also, it's a bit strange that DTG aren't hyping up this game like usual. Even TS2015 had quite a bit of information months before its release. It almost feels like they're deliberately making this release as discreet as possible to avoid disappointment for those waiting for the Unreal version.
I'd have to agree with you, last year they hyped up the new routes coming with the release of 2016 early August and if they wanted this one to be a big deal they'd have done it now.
Also with them having the "big announcement" on September the 1st the last thing you want to do is confuse people when in essence all 2017 seems to be is a bundle of routes.
PC Spec: i9 10900k, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 980ti, 1TB NVME SSD

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”