Channel tunnel route released!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Channel tunnel route released!

Post by rosschris10 »

chrisonline wrote:. . . and if you're NOT downloading and trying it, I'm not sure why you are interested in commenting or speculating, LOL!
(I'm not, and I I'm not!)

well said
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

chrisonline wrote:. . . and if you're NOT downloading and trying it, I'm not sure why you are interested in commenting or speculating, LOL!
(I'm not, and I I'm not!)
Well how about a new rule where

A. You are not allowed to comment on any asset/train/route unless you have downloaded and tried it out - scenarios and all.

I apologise for going to the website, seeing what it said and providing the screenshots - I will not make this mistake again. :(

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Post by smarty2 »

Yes Pete you naughty you! :lol:
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)
Non technically minded individual!

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
Varney
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Varney »

You bad boys, detention after school for you.

You will have to write 200 lines of "I must not comment or speculate, if I haven't downloaded or tried it".

:D
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Speculating is fine...but if the topic of the speculation is easily and FREELY available surely it's not that onerous to answer your own, if not anybody else's, questions by downloading and installing?
It's either that or set up a queing system in which your requests of "what does this xxxxx look like in-game?" would be dealt with by the members willing to perform the evaluation service for you.
Springer6
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Springer6 »

This route downloads and runs ok. I think it is a great route, long awaited and looks fine for a w.i.p.

I have one missing asset Assets\Developer\Exp 1648\Railnetwork\Track\Track rule FF MPH.bin, but I will probably be able to find it on Railsim.Fr.

There seems to be a short section of track missing ( well it's there but not showing ) just before the entrance to the tunnel on the French side, maybe that's caused by the missing track rule asset ?

However I have encountered a more serious problem. In the scenario "Class 92 Freght" (sic), each time the class 92 consist gets going in the tunnel ( about 32.05 km from destination), the sim freezes and locks the pc ! It requires a complete restart of the pc to free it .

Has anyone else encountered this problem ?
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

gptech wrote:Speculating is fine...but if the topic of the speculation is easily and FREELY available surely it's not that onerous to answer your own, if not anybody else's, questions by downloading and installing?
It's either that or set up a queing system in which your requests of "what does this xxxxx look like in-game?" would be dealt with by the members willing to perform the evaluation service for you.
I did not speculate or pass comment on how good or not the route is.
I posted the screenshots from the Facebook page of the route builders.
When I was on my work computer I could see this forum but not Facebook - I would think there are others who also cannot access facebook at work.

And yes the route is freely available but if you are not on Unlimited Broadband then you might chose what to download before attempting.

Peter
My Railway Pictures
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Did anybody claim you were speculating Peter?
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

gptech wrote:Did anybody claim you were speculating Peter?

dont think thats what peter ment think he was correcting others
davejc64
Very Active Forum Member

Post by davejc64 »

Springer6 wrote:This route downloads and runs ok. I think it is a great route, long awaited and looks fine for a w.i.p.

I have one missing asset Assets\Developer\Exp 1648\Railnetwork\Track\Track rule FF MPH.bin, but I will probably be able to find it on Railsim.Fr.

There seems to be a short section of track missing ( well it's there but not showing ) just before the entrance to the tunnel on the French side, maybe that's caused by the missing track rule asset ?

However I have encountered a more serious problem. In the scenario "Class 92 Freght" (sic), each time the class 92 consist gets going in the tunnel ( about 32.05 km from destination), the sim freezes and locks the pc ! It requires a complete restart of the pc to free it .

On the subject of the 'Class 92 Freight' scenario where does the Class 92 Euro Porte come from, as it is not included in the Class 92 reskin pack that is listed as being required the only ones in that pack are EWS, DB, DB Romania and Stobart?
"Young boys in the park jumpers for goalposts, that's what football is all about."
Springer6
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Springer6 »

Davejc64,
Yes , it's not in the pack listed, however I had a Europort version that I substituted with RwTools. Not sure where I got it,can't check as away from my pc, but it must be out there. Try Google?
Let me know if you have any problems running it. I have tried changing stock further, but scenario still freezes pc at the same point. I have had no trouble running the Tgv scenario in the opposite direction, even substituted the duplex for a Eurostar (ice3 repaint),as a duplex will not run in the Chunnel in real life.
Springer
davejc64
Very Active Forum Member

Post by davejc64 »

Springer6 wrote:Davejc64,
Yes , it's not in the pack listed, however I had a Europort version that I substituted with RwTools. Not sure where I got it,can't check as away from my pc, but it must be out there. Try Google?
Let me know if you have any problems running it. I have tried changing stock further, but scenario still freezes pc at the same point. I have had no trouble running the Tgv scenario in the opposite direction, even substituted the duplex for a Eurostar (ice3 repaint),as a duplex will not run in the Chunnel in real life.
Springer
Thanks for the reply, I have done a quick Google search but so far have not had much success so will probably just substitute the 92 Europorte for the default grey one and give the scenario a go, I would have to swap the TGV anyway as I don't have that, I will let you know whether I can complete the 92 scenario once I have done the swapping.
"Young boys in the park jumpers for goalposts, that's what football is all about."
davejc64
Very Active Forum Member

Post by davejc64 »

Springer6 wrote:This route downloads and runs ok. I think it is a great route, long awaited and looks fine for a w.i.p.

Hi Springer,
Now that I have swapped the class 92 and have run the scenario, I was able to complete it without the problem you describe I know that doesn't help you much.

I did however have the missing track which as you say only appeared to be a visual thing, also sections of the tunnel were missing too and in a few places a couple of milk bottles signifying something was missing, I will have to run the route through RWTools to see what exactly is missing, it's obviously nothing major as the route loaded and ran ok.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

davejc64 wrote:On the subject of the 'Class 92 Freight' scenario where does the Class 92 Euro Porte come from, as it is not included in the Class 92 reskin pack that is listed as being required the only ones in that pack are EWS, DB, DB Romania and Stobart?
Does it not refer to 90032 which has both GBRf and Europort Logos?
My Railway Pictures
Springer6
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Springer6 »

davejc64 wrote:

Hi Springer,
Now that I have swapped the class 92 and have run the scenario, I was able to complete it without the problem you describe I know that doesn't help you much.

I did however have the missing track which as you say only appeared to be a visual thing, also sections of the tunnel were missing too and in a few places a couple of milk bottles signifying something was missing, I will have to run the route through RWTools to see what exactly is missing, it's obviously nothing major as the route loaded and ran ok.
I ran this route through RWTools and the only missing item was:

railworks\Assets\Developer\Exp 1648\Railnetwork\Track\Track rule FF MPH.bin

Could this missing track rule cause the crashes that you are not experiencing ? Have you got this track rule ?

Apart from missing track at both the French approach and exit from the tunnel, I have found sections of the tunnel lofts missing around the mid tunnel crossovers,

I still haven't been able to discover where I got the Europort 92 reskin from. When you use this skin you need to edit the last three digits of the loco number suffix to

"VVZ". 1st V = No EWS logo, 2nd V=No BR logo (small Europort logo is in this position), Z=No SNCF logo ( if you have this mod installed)

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”