"Very exciting upcoming announcements"

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

longbow
Very Active Forum Member

"Very exciting upcoming announcements"

Post by longbow »

Seems we are about to get some major news - this just posted by DTG on the TS Steam forums
What do you want to know about the future of Train Simulator? Ahead of some very exciting upcoming announcements, we want you to fire us any questions you may have about the future of Train Simulator, select questions will be addressed in a (currently super secret, soon to be announced) upcoming project of ours and those that don't make the cut, we'll try and answer through other means at a later date.

No question is a stupid question, no topic is out of bounds, fire away!

We'll be closing the thread at 17.00pm 05/08/2016
smarty2
Very Active Forum Member

Re: "Very exciting upcoming announcements"

Post by smarty2 »

It has to be TSunreal, couldn't be anything to do with the current iteration. Unless someone managed to flip the 64bit switch in TS2017? :lol:
Best Regards
Martin (smarty2)
Non technically minded individual!

Is There A God?
Dudley Bible web page
titti41
Been on the forums for a while

Post by titti41 »

TS2017 with unreal engine or TS2017 with current engine but a "massive optimization"... 8)
jpilborough

Post by jpilborough »

It's a slightly oddly worded announcement:
select questions will be addressed in a upcoming project of ours
To me that means that the 'secret project' is the means of answering of the questions, not a reference to a product.

Personally I'm hoping it will be a video of Matt jumping on a trampoline whilst simultaneously juggling and answering questions shouted from offscreen. :multi:
almark
Very Active Forum Member

Post by almark »

Select questions. Perhaps they should tell us the questions that they want us to ask!?
AndiS
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndiS »

I read it that way: They have an answer, which is super secret, and they now need a question for it. So they invite people to submit candidates, from which they pick a few that match the readily prepared answer.

But in general, it is simply time again to get excited about the extreme fact that they announce a new version of the game every year.

And, of course, if they don't mention their UE4 thing at some point during the rest of the year, then it is highly unlikely to be released in 2017. But all we can do is sit and wait, with or without extreme excitement.
Bradforth
Established Forum Member

Post by Bradforth »

Hi all,
I just hope that they have solved the shimmering problem as seen on most routes.
Regards,
Pete.
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Post by deltic009 »

almark wrote:Select questions. Perhaps they should tell us the questions that they want us to ask!?
That spoils the fun. This allows the hype machine to go into overdrive, people ask all sorts, then DTG can answer the ones they have answers to or want to, whilst still keeping the hype machine in fifth or sixth gear!
Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

This is the thing that has turned into a bad habit. Why assume it is ANYTHING to do with a new game engine or even a upgrade to TS2017 just because we have had a upgrade for the last few years does not automatically mean we get one in 2017 or 2018. Ever year it's the same as soon as the summer sale finishes topic as start appearing assuming we are getting a new version. It is a privilege to get a new upgrade each a right. Plus anyway as soon as the uodate gets released it is my long until the usual "complaint" topics start appearing says. "Why change this why change that. I want t eh old menu" so why bother getting "all excited" if all that will happen is people will STILL moan and complain

It could even be a announcement about a much requested route etc etc we don't know. I guess we will just need to wait and see what gets announced and when :)
steve1023
Established Forum Member

Post by steve1023 »

New route - Charing Cross to Gillingham, Kent Via Chislehurst & Swanley. Rolling stock will be class 375. :roll:
glasgowworks
Well Established Forum Member

Post by glasgowworks »

AndiS wrote: And, of course, if they don't mention their UE4 thing at some point during the rest of the year, then it is highly unlikely to be released in 2017. But all we can do is sit and wait, with or without extreme excitement.
And it would be Train Simulator 2017 with it's existing game engine like it has always been. :lol:

Anyway, If I were to pick a route for a new game, I'd pick the North Clyde Line, with Class 318, 320 and/or 334 as the suitable rolling stock.

Cheers :D
Alistair Cowell
mearle73

Post by mearle73 »

The laying to rest of the Hercules graphic engine, one can hope!
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaelhendle »

I'm Hoping they will finally release the class 42/3 Warship Diesel Hydraulic,or the promised Hawkesworth County Class locomotive,or some of the locomotives they have been sitting on,from you know who.
Mike
tnleeuw01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tnleeuw01 »

All announcements the last couple of years have been "very special" and "very exciting" etc etc.

So call me sceptical after a few years of such hyped up announcements.

Let's see if they release another incremental update with UI improvements and high quality content like last year - or if they are now REALLY going to impress us and release the UE version.

Until they give us some concrete information, I can't get excited anymore.

--Tim
Timex

Post by Timex »

'Very exciting upcoming announcements' is ringing alarm bells in my head.

Not being a doom and gloom merchant, I'm dreading a statement like ' Train Simulator World will be available on the Xbox with the ability to stream using Xbox Play Anywhere on Windows 10'

Holding on to my hat.

It will be something or nothing, just a big update I reckon.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”