Steam Summer Sale

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
karma99
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:21 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by karma99 »

lenfish wrote:
karma99 wrote:
08994 wrote:What's new is that the Pro range (including Victory works products) are 20% off (as I type).
As our products have been mentioned a couple of times I'll just say please pass this feedback on to DTG as they have 100% control over all pricing and discounts on the products we sell through Steam.
Not doubting what you say but this statement from DTG James in March this year on the Steam Train Simulator Forum says differently:
"We have no control over the pricing of third party content during sales, contents inclusion in the sale is entirely at the discretion of the developers."
- Jay

Regards,
Len
I don't want to get into a they say/we say, but that is a complete lie by Jay about the pricing. If it wasn't I wouldn't have spent the past 2 weeks arguing with them about it.
Image
Links: Shop <> Blog <> Facebook
lenfish
Well Established Forum Member
Posts: 942
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by lenfish »

karma99 wrote:
karma99 wrote:
08994 wrote:What's new is that the Pro range (including Victory works products) are 20% off (as I type).
As our products have been mentioned a couple of times I'll just say please pass this feedback on to DTG as they have 100% control over all pricing and discounts on the products we sell through Steam.
Not doubting what you say but this statement from DTG James in March this year on the Steam Train Simulator Forum says differently:
"We have no control over the pricing of third party content during sales, contents inclusion in the sale is entirely at the discretion of the developers."
- Jay

Regards,
Len
I don't want to get into a they say/we say, but that is a complete lie by Jay about the pricing. If it wasn't I wouldn't have spent the past 2 weeks arguing with them about it.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. Commercially it makes sense from the publisher's point of view to have control over all aspects of pricing, including sales.

Regards,

Len
User avatar
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: Nottingham- East Bridgford

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by emrhd01 »

Hi,

In the past I have been able to purchase a Train Simulator 2016 Bundle being offered in a Sale (even though I already had TS2016 installed) and it just added the Rolling Stock items/Routes included in the Bundle that I did not already own.

Today I have tried to add the "UK First Class Edition" but it is stating "Your account already owns some of the above items, so you can’t purchase them again. You can purchase these items as a gift or adjust the contents of your cart to continue". and the "Purchase for myself" box is shaded out (this has not happened in the past) which now prevents me from purchasing the Bundle.

Is the any way to get around this or have DTG again decided to penalise their "loyal" existing customers, in favour of attracting new ones?

A disappointed :( long standing TS2016 user.
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
Varney
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:22 am

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by Varney »

emrhd01 wrote:Hi,

In the past I have been able to purchase a Train Simulator 2016 Bundle being offered in a Sale (even though I already had TS2016 installed) and it just added the Rolling Stock items/Routes included in the Bundle that I did not already own.

Today I have tried to add the "UK First Class Edition" but it is stating "Your account already owns some of the above items, so you can’t purchase them again. You can purchase these items as a gift or adjust the contents of your cart to continue". and the "Purchase for myself" box is shaded out (this has not happened in the past) which now prevents me from purchasing the Bundle.

Is the any way to get around this or have DTG again decided to penalise their "loyal" existing customers, in favour of attracting new ones?

A disappointed :( long standing TS2016 user.
I have just purchased the UK First Class Edition as I wanted the MML. I purchased it as a gift and was able to gift it to myself knowing that if it didn't work I could probably get a full refund.

It has worked for me, I now have the MML added to my existing install. :D
gptech
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 18661
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by gptech »

emrhd01 wrote:have DTG again decided to penalise their "loyal" existing customers
Wouldn't it be better to determine whether the problem is DTG's or something amiss with the Steam store before assigning blame?
I'm intrigued by the "again", when have they penalised anybody before?
User avatar
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: Nottingham- East Bridgford

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by emrhd01 »

gptech wrote:
emrhd01 wrote:have DTG again decided to penalise their "loyal" existing customers
Wouldn't it be better to determine whether the problem is DTG's or something amiss with the Steam store before assigning blame?
I'm intrigued by the "again", when have they penalised anybody before?
I was thinking of all the models I have bought from he who cannot be named and then found DTG releasing the same models (admittedly with minor improvements) and no allowance made for those of us who had purchased the originals, perhaps I was a little strong in retrospect, but having to pay twice for the same model is expensive.
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 18661
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by gptech »

emrhd01 wrote:I was thinking of all the models I have bought from he who cannot be named
So, as a loyal customer of another developer you expect somebody else to *look after you* when that developer ceases trading?
OK, that HAS happened with at least the Peak and possibly other *original* models that were previously available through Steam so view it as a bonus.
emrhd01 wrote:but having to pay twice
I must read the EULA again, can't recall seeing anything that said I have to buy everything they ever release....
User avatar
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: Nottingham- East Bridgford

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by emrhd01 »

Look I didn't mean to upset anyone, but thought it was a Forum where members views were able to be Posted, correct views or incorrect views.

I have obviously got it wrong and apologise for any offence that may I have made, unintentionally I can assure everyone and would delete my Post if it was possible.
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
steve1023
Established Forum Member
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:02 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by steve1023 »

emrhd01 wrote:Hi,

In the past I have been able to purchase a Train Simulator 2016 Bundle being offered in a Sale (even though I already had TS2016 installed) and it just added the Rolling Stock items/Routes included in the Bundle that I did not already own.

Today I have tried to add the "UK First Class Edition" but it is stating "Your account already owns some of the above items, so you can’t purchase them again. You can purchase these items as a gift or adjust the contents of your cart to continue". and the "Purchase for myself" box is shaded out (this has not happened in the past) which now prevents me from purchasing the Bundle.

Is the any way to get around this or have DTG again decided to penalise their "loyal" existing customers, in favour of attracting new ones?

A disappointed :( long standing TS2016 user.
Mate - I have had this before and I think it may be that Steam are trying to tell you that you can do it cheaper. Go back - see what's in the package and then see how much the individual items are that you need - don't include the duplicated items you already own that are in the package - it could be the price of the individual items are cheaper than the package.

Regards
helvellyn
New to the Forums
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by helvellyn »

I've had "You won't receive another copy of European Loco and Asset Pack" when buying a couple of routes in the sale pop up but it's not stopped me from buying,
User avatar
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:48 pm
Location: Nottingham- East Bridgford

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by emrhd01 »

I have just purchased the UK First Class Edition as I wanted the MML. I purchased it as a gift and was able to gift it to myself knowing that if it didn't work I could probably get a full refund.

It has worked for me, I now have the MML added to my existing install. :D
Thank you very much Varney (sorry I don't know your first name), I did as you kindly explained and it worked a treat.

I am also now a proud owner of the Midland Mainline and its associated Rolling Stock, which I also hadn't got before.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to help me out, very much appreciated.

Also, thanks to steve1023 for trying to help, the only item in the Bundle that I hadn't already got was the MML and buying the Bundle was the best (for me) way to get it.
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
Varney
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:22 am

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by Varney »

emrhd01 wrote:
I have just purchased the UK First Class Edition as I wanted the MML. I purchased it as a gift and was able to gift it to myself knowing that if it didn't work I could probably get a full refund.

It has worked for me, I now have the MML added to my existing install. :D
Thank you very much Varney (sorry I don't know your first name), I did as you kindly explained and it worked a treat.

I am also now a proud owner of the Midland Mainline and its associated Rolling Stock, which I also hadn't got before.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to help me out, very much appreciated.

Also, thanks to steve1023 for trying to help, the only item in the Bundle that I hadn't already got was the MML and buying the Bundle was the best (for me) way to get it.
Glad that it worked for you too.

Although American routes aren't really my thing, I have just purchased the US First Class Edition too, which gives me the Miami - West Palm Beach and Soldier Summit route for £3 each.

Again, I have gifted it to myself and it seems to be working, downloading now...
User avatar
Trev123
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:13 pm
Location: Home Of The Americas Cup

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by Trev123 »

For those of you who own the Feather River Canyon route a nice loco to get for this route is the Western Pacific GP20 High Nose by Reppo, this is an advanced loco with a startup procedure etc. http://store.steampowered.com/app/222573/
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 1060 Strix 6GB Gaming graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram, Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HD, Seagate Firecuda 2 TB HD,
fsafranek
Been on the forums for a while
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:16 am

Re: Steam Summer Sale

Post by fsafranek »

Another nice loco for Feather River Route is the U30B from Virtual Rail Creations in Western Pacific colors. Image here.

A companion to his U30C loco project.

It's available at his website website as well as being on sale at Trains and Drivers through July 3rd.
Locked

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”