Black loading screen

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

michaelth
Been on the forums for a while

Black loading screen

Post by michaelth »

Last weeks TS2016 installation went flawlessly. Until today morning I could load a scenario and drive - all normal, but now: All of a sudden the loading screen goes completely black. I have to close TS2016 using the task manager which gives a message like "program does not respond". Starting TS2016 in offline mode does not change anything. What can be done?

Michael
bpcoffey
New to the Forums

Re: Black loading screen

Post by bpcoffey »

Black loading screen seems to be a new "feature" of the update.
It loads for me after a wait, it may seem longer if the screen is black.
That being said, I seem to be getting ore freezes on loading the program than before.
michaelth

Post by michaelth »

Believe me or not: First start after posting this, and everything is normal again. There seem to be some new loading screens, too. Maybe something got stuck in the picture download.

Michael
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by emrhd01 »

Glad you are all sorted out now Michael, at least you have a Scenario Loading screen, lots of us lost it after the TS2016 upgrade and no fix has been issued by DTG so far. :cry:
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
black8
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Northern Germany :( (formerly The Hague, Netherlands)

Post by black8 »

emrhd01 wrote:.... lots of us lost it after the TS2016 upgrade and no fix has been issued by DTG so far. :cry:
Same here. First I thought it had something to do with my recent upgrade to Windows 10, but it is a DTG issue I understand. Funny that some people have it and some not. About time that DTG puts out a patch; it is very annoying that you cannot see if the sim has crashed or is loading w/o a loading screen.

Jos
'Why is it that the railway station is so far away from the village?'
The local pauses for a while, then replies:
'They thought it would be a good idea to build it next to the railway line.....'

(Dent Station on the Settle & Carlisle)
Springer6
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Springer6 »

black8 wrote:
emrhd01 wrote:.... lots of us lost it after the TS2016 upgrade and no fix has been issued by DTG so far. :cry:
Same here. First I thought it had something to do with my recent upgrade to Windows 10, but it is a DTG issue I understand. Funny that some people have it and some not. About time that DTG puts out a patch; it is very annoying that you cannot see if the sim has crashed or is loading w/o a loading screen.

Jos
Here is a fix posted by "Longbow". I haven't tried it yet , but it should work:

"the free update contains a misconfigured RSSlideshow.swf. Using one from a backup restored the ad-driven loading screens and progress bar."
Springer6
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Springer6 »

Springer6 wrote:
black8 wrote:

Jos
Here is a fix posted by "Longbow". I haven't tried it yet , but it should work:

"the free update contains a misconfigured RSSlideshow.swf. Using one from a backup restored the ad-driven loading screens and progress bar."

I've just tried it, using the RSSlideshow.swf from my back up copy of TS2015. The scroll bar is back and so are the adverts. Even they look good ( quite good actually ) after a blank black screen.

I should have added that the file in question is in railworks/data/scaleform.

Thanks to Longbow for this ! :D
Azanthriel
New to the Forums

Post by Azanthriel »

I have a PIC of the TS2017 UP Turbine as my loading screen suing RSSlideshow.swf. Better than a black screen. :D
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

For those people who did not back up every folder in TS2015 a replacement RSSlideshow.swf is available on Rail-Sim.de

http://rail-sim.de/forum/index.php/Atta ... chirm-zip/

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
Juanillo99
Well Established Forum Member

Post by Juanillo99 »

749006 wrote:For those people who did not back up every folder in TS2015 a replacement RSSlideshow.swf is available on Rail-Sim.de

Peter
This file is available much closer. Just here → http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 1&t=143110
I gave the solution last night.
My Spanish website dedicated to Train Simulator 2019: https://ferrosim.es
Trev123
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Trev123 »

Never had the problem. :)
Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 1060 Strix 6GB Gaming graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram, Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HD, Seagate Firecuda 2 TB HD,
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by emrhd01 »

Thank you very much Guys (especially Longbow & Juanillo99) for the "Heads Up" on this, it has worked a treat.

It often amazes me that often such a simple fix is worked out by a fellow member of our Community and that DTG with all their expertise are still scratching their heads on how to solve it.

To Trev123,
Never had the problem. :D
This is because (and I'm assuming) you have the "Paid for" TS2016 Upgrade pack, as I believe this is only affecting the 'free' TS2016 update users. :wink:
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
black8
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Northern Germany :( (formerly The Hague, Netherlands)

Post by black8 »

emrhd01 wrote:Thank you very much Guys (especially Longbow & Juanillo99) for the "Heads Up" on this, it has worked a treat.

It often amazes me that often such a simple fix is worked out by a fellow member of our Community and that DTG with all their expertise are still scratching their heads on how to solve it.
Yes thanks much guys, this worked for me too. I indeed could not locate a TS2015 backup anymore. I stopped doing that a while back.

to emrhd01: Yes it is a shame really that apparently nobody at DTG can find time to issue such an easy fix.

Cheers all,
Jos
'Why is it that the railway station is so far away from the village?'
The local pauses for a while, then replies:
'They thought it would be a good idea to build it next to the railway line.....'

(Dent Station on the Settle & Carlisle)
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

Juanillo99 wrote:
749006 wrote:For those people who did not back up every folder in TS2015 a replacement RSSlideshow.swf is available on Rail-Sim.de

Peter
This file is available much closer. Just here → http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 1&t=143110
I gave the solution last night.
Apologies. I had not seen something about the Black Loading Screen outside this thread.

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
davidboase

Post by davidboase »

Trev123 wrote:Never had the problem. :)
Trev123, that's because you purchased the full TS2016.

The people with the black loading screen are those who didn't purchase the full TS2016 and have only the basic update.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”