North London Line ...coming soon!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Re: North London Line ...coming soon!

Post by michaelhendle »

Hi
I like the idea of having a 1980's version of the route or even a Blue /Grey era version,with Broad Street as well,then you could have Emu's from Watford joining the route at Willesden Junction.
Mike
K2rover
Established Forum Member

Post by K2rover »

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but has anyone else had the problem where the passengers don't unload and Caledonian Road and Barnesbury? I've tried two scenerios now and both times this is the only station where you you open the doors, but the red bar doesn't come across and it says you've still to stop there. You close the doors, move off and then it says you've failed the objective and therefore the scenario. Very irritating.
jimmyshand
Very Active Forum Member

Post by jimmyshand »

Historical readers of this forum will know that I have very high expectations of DTG and usually they disappoint and I'm not afraid to say so...

However, after much deliberation and hovering over the 'add to cart' button, I succumbed to temptation and purchased the NLL & Class 59 combo!

T'was a potentially expensive risk for me as my interest in railways is strictly limited to the BR blue era of classic diesels/electric locomotives however I must confess this route is of the highest standard currently possible and exceeds expectations. Well done DTG. There is no doubt that they are the masters of route building. The level of detail of inner city London is incredible.
Locomotive DLC is where DTG usually fail to meet the standard expected but in this case the class 59 is an exception. A fantastic model, decent feature list, acceptable sounds (shock horror) and a top drawer cab.

Sadly their upcoming BR blue pack, although my era of choice, looks the usual abysmal array of re-hashed old junk with minimal effort to spruce up the cabs, poor sounds aplenty and still no nose-view in the ageing Deltic cab... This will be a definite miss.
davep
Very Active Forum Member

Post by davep »

Open the doors as usual, let them close, then open them again.
Asus Z97-K. Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4 GHz. 3GB NVidia EVGA GTX780Ti. 16GB DDR3 RAM. Sound Blaster Z. Windows 10 64 bit.
2x960GB SSDs, 3x2TB internal HDDs and 2x1TB & 1x2TB external HDDs.
Running TS @ 3840x2160 on a 4k TV.
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyUK »

michaelhendle wrote:Hi
I like the idea of having a 1980's version of the route or even a Blue /Grey era version,with Broad Street as well,then you could have Emu's from Watford joining the route at Willesden Junction.
Mike
Didn't the Watford trains run via Willesden Jn Low Level and Primrose Hill joining the route currently modelled at Camden Road?

Andy L
xguerra
Very Active Forum Member

Post by xguerra »

AndyUK wrote:
michaelhendle wrote:Hi
Mike
Didn't the Watford trains run via Willesden Jn Low Level and Primrose Hill joining the route currently modelled at Camden Road?

Andy L
Most did.

However, I know that 501s had a headcode path, B5 I think it was, which was Broad Street - Watford Junction via Hampstead Heath. However, being the long way round to Willesden, I don't think it ran that route at all after the mid-1970s.
Backdated Trainsim
My site with my content: http://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/
atlasduff47
Well Established Forum Member

Post by atlasduff47 »

jimmyshand wrote:Historical readers of this forum will know that I have very high expectations of DTG and usually they disappoint and I'm not afraid to say so...

However, after much deliberation and hovering over the 'add to cart' button, I succumbed to temptation and purchased the NLL & Class 59 combo!

T'was a potentially expensive risk for me as my interest in railways is strictly limited to the BR blue era of classic diesels/electric locomotives however I must confess this route is of the highest standard currently possible and exceeds expectations. Well done DTG. There is no doubt that they are the masters of route building. The level of detail of inner city London is incredible.
Locomotive DLC is where DTG usually fail to meet the standard expected but in this case the class 59 is an exception. A fantastic model, decent feature list, acceptable sounds (shock horror) and a top drawer cab.

Sadly their upcoming BR blue pack, although my era of choice, looks the usual abysmal array of re-hashed old junk with minimal effort to spruce up the cabs, poor sounds aplenty and still no nose-view in the ageing Deltic cab... This will be a definite miss.
Thanks for your very honest review Jimmy.

My interest like yours is limited to the Br Blue era, so unfortunately as good as this route, and the 59 appear to be I shall still not be buying, my loss perhaps? :-?

I attempted to view the twitch feed of the Br Blue pack, but there appeared to be technical issues. I shall try again today at some point to get a look at that before I give my thoughts.
Andy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

K2rover wrote:Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, . Very irritating.
One & Two pages back and yes.
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
Carinthia
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Carinthia »

xguerra wrote:Most did.

However, I know that 501s had a headcode path, B5 I think it was, which was Broad Street - Watford Junction via Hampstead Heath. However, being the long way round to Willesden, I don't think it ran that route at all after the mid-1970s.
Now there's somebody that know's his North London, brilliant reply except that the headcode was B3 I think. I have a feeling they ran later than that date, but the three a day was whittled down to one latterly. In the seventies the signalbox at Willesden Low Level was one of the last porter-signalman's jobs on BR and only opened for those trains.

John
theorganist
Very Active Forum Member

Post by theorganist »

jimmyshand wrote:Historical readers of this forum will know that I have very high expectations of DTG and usually they disappoint and I'm not afraid to say so...

Jimmy presumably the blue Craven's will be the same as the green one of which you said in June:
I had low expectations of this unit but I was pleasantly surprised, particularly regarding the sounds which surprised me most of all. It actually has the best rail joint sounds I've yet heard come out of DTG/RSC and also has bogie running sounds so a big well done from me.
Peter
jimmyshand
Very Active Forum Member

Post by jimmyshand »

Peter, I'm flattered you would dig so far into the past for me!!

The Cravens is not the issue. It's the loco stock. No significant cab updates for stock that dates back to original Rail Simulator days. On the twitch preview all that could be heard was the overpowering and awful class 25 idling drowning out everything... well everything except for the even worse Voldemort horn which is a feature of the class 37 it seems. Still no nose view in the Deltic cab, an issue that has been debated since 2007!!
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

jimmyshand wrote:Locomotive DLC is where DTG usually fail to meet the standard expected
Surely that's the standard you personally expect rather than a universally expected one?
jimmyshand wrote:Well done DTG. There is no doubt that they are the masters of route building

...apart from when they've "just backwards engineered slightly" something?
That's quite lavish praise for a route that's just "another identikit London route"....it's surprising how your view of things can change when you look properly, isn't it? Perhaps you'll change your mind about the "abysmal array of re-hashed old junk" (for which there's a separate thread, http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 517a751d18 as it's quite distinct from the subject of this one) once we've been able to have a *proper* look at it.
Carinthia
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Carinthia »

gptech wrote:That's quite lavish praise for a route that's just "another identikit London route"
I used to work on this line in the seventies and although the railway has changed out of all recognition (which is why the route is not on my shopping list) it is very noticeable that the surrounding buildings are remarkably accurate and there are many I recognise in screen shots.

I could almost be tempted to get my wallet out if I knew that the terraced house with the rearward bathroom extension with a huge glass skylight between Camden Road and Kentish Town West was accurately modelled. At night you could look down off the viaduct from a train and see the throne occupied!

John
tnleeuw01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tnleeuw01 »

Carinthia wrote: I could almost be tempted to get my wallet out if I knew that the terraced house with the rearward bathroom extension with a huge glass skylight between Camden Road and Kentish Town West was accurately modelled. At night you could look down off the viaduct from a train and see the throne occupied!

John
I guess however... That even if that house would be modelled, you'd have to add the occupant of the throne in your own imagination... ;-)

--Tim
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

tnleeuw01 wrote:
Carinthia wrote: I could almost be tempted to get my wallet out if I knew that the terraced house with the rearward bathroom extension with a huge glass skylight between Camden Road and Kentish Town West was accurately modelled. At night you could look down off the viaduct from a train and see the throne occupied!

John
I guess however... That even if that house would be modelled, you'd have to add the occupant of the throne in your own imagination... ;-)

--Tim

There's a challenge for the reskinners!!! :wink:

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”