North London Line ...coming soon!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

davep
Very Active Forum Member

North London Line ...coming soon!

Post by davep »

Just seen a screenshot of a part of "the manual" (one in TS2016 perhaps?)
Attachments
NLL.jpg
Asus Z97-K. Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4 GHz. 3GB NVidia EVGA GTX780Ti. 16GB DDR3 RAM. Sound Blaster Z. Windows 10 64 bit.
2x960GB SSDs, 3x2TB internal HDDs and 2x1TB & 1x2TB external HDDs.
Running TS @ 3840x2160 on a 4k TV.
pjt1974
Very Active Forum Member

Re: North London Line ...coming soon!

Post by pjt1974 »

Had a look myself Dave. It certainly seems that way.
For disclosure, I am affiliated with a third party developer however, I do not know anything about any future releases unless I'm working on them and even then, I'd be breaking years worth of built up trust to say anything about it ;-)
tycoonkid9
Well Established Forum Member

Post by tycoonkid9 »

They cannot sell another Class 378 in there alongside the South London existing one. Maybe they can just package in the existing Class 378 DLC.
skoda
Established Forum Member

Post by skoda »

Plenty of freight action plus the Willesden area is a good starting point for another future route .... South into Euston , North up to Birmingham :wink:
rfletcher72
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rfletcher72 »

tycoonkid9 wrote:They cannot sell another Class 378 in there alongside the South London existing one. Maybe they can just package in the existing Class 378 DLC.
Can I ask why not?,
Richard
TransportSteve
Very Active Forum Member

Post by TransportSteve »

Is this the same North London Line as Xavier's freeware route from earlier this year, which I thought was a 1985 version, rather than, a modern offering, or, something completely different???

Cheerz. Transport Steve.
i5 4690 3.5GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.
Visit my flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/59849121@N08/
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

tycoonkid9 wrote:They cannot sell another Class 378 in there alongside the South London existing one. Maybe they can just package in the existing Class 378 DLC.
They can and they have done so with other trains. Class 66 springs to mind.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]

Post by 37114 »

1980's/90's version would be awesome as long as it included all the offshoot depots and yards. Acton, Willesden, Cricklewood, Temple Mills, Stratford, Ripple Lane for example. Yes; I know they're not all technically on the North London line but all (or were) destinations for freight that travelled on it.
Regards,

Rich
Thomas887
Getting the hang of things now

Post by Thomas887 »

Really happy about this! I hope it will a modern version linking up with the south london network and GEML.
xguerra
Very Active Forum Member

Post by xguerra »

TransportSteve wrote:Is this the same North London Line as Xavier's freeware route from earlier this year, which I thought was a 1985 version, rather than, a modern offering, or, something completely different???

Cheerz. Transport Steve.
No, completely different I'm afraid.

It's always the way but I would have said; had I known it was coming I would have held off with what I was doing and waited for this to come out and then make a 1980s version out of that.
Who knows? Depending on what they do with their NLL I may consider modifying their route but its still a pity that some route-builders have the misfortune of doing some things in vain of better payware alternatives.
Backdated Trainsim
My site with my content: http://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaelhendle »

Pity we couldn't have a 1960's NLL,Plenty of inter regional freight,including Feltham,also the London Underground line from Acton Town to South Acton I think,it was operated by a Single Car
Mike
tycoonkid9

Post by tycoonkid9 »

rfletcher72 wrote:
Can I ask why not?,
Because it is a hassle to use when in Workshop scenarios, it is necessary to buy another version of the train in order to get the scenarios and repaints to work right. Sometimes it is necessary to own two versions of the same loco, for example MML workshop scenario requires the EWS 66 2.0 or the standalone 319. Soldier Summit comes with an F40PH, and people must buy the older F40PH for workshop scenarios. Not everyone can afford RWTools.
twirlycactus
Established Forum Member

Post by twirlycactus »

It's somewhere else to run the waggonz 313
PC Specs: Intel i5 2.80GHz, 8GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 & 240 GB SSD
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

tycoonkid9 wrote:
rfletcher72 wrote:
Can I ask why not?,
Because it is a hassle to use when in Workshop scenarios, it is necessary to buy another version of the train in order to get the scenarios and repaints to work right. Sometimes it is necessary to own two versions of the same loco, for example MML workshop scenario requires the EWS 66 2.0 or the standalone 319. Soldier Summit comes with an F40PH, and people must buy the older F40PH for workshop scenarios. Not everyone can afford RWTools.
I'm afraid that is the worse comment I've seen in a long time. You can afford to buy TS add-ons but not afford a couple of dollars for RW-Tools.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
rfletcher72
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rfletcher72 »

tycoonkid9 wrote:Because it is a hassle to use when in Workshop scenarios, it is necessary to buy another version of the train in order to get the scenarios and repaints to work right. Sometimes it is necessary to own two versions of the same loco, for example MML workshop scenario requires the EWS 66 2.0 or the standalone 319. Soldier Summit comes with an F40PH, and people must buy the older F40PH for workshop scenarios. Not everyone can afford RWTools.
Doesn't answer my question I am afraid. You said they 'cannot' sell another 378 with this route alongside the other. I am interested to know why you say they cannot do this?.

As for affording RW Tools, I acquired my copy by donating an amount not far removed from the cost of your average Dovetail item of rolling stock DLC. Perhaps one ought to refrain from buying yet another item of duplicated DLC and make the acquisition of this useful TS 'Swiss army knife' a priority :wink: ,
Richard

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”