North London Line ...coming soon!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

Getting the hang of things now

Re: North London Line ...coming soon!

Post by 156478 »

I am currently getting to grips with the route, trying to learn it- but there's so many stops to remember and keeping to time using Realtime trains and in Quick Drive mode is to say at least a challenge! Big respect to the real life drivers who have to pound this route day-in-and-day-out!

Before I ask this question,I have to state I live in Glasgow so am a bit too far away to travel on the real things to find out. - Are the 378s Driver only or Guard operated?
twirlycactus
Established Forum Member

Post by twirlycactus »

They are Driver only
PC Specs: Intel i5 2.80GHz, 8GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 & 240 GB SSD
tubemad
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tubemad »

Yes a challenge, I tried following an RTT schedule from Stratford to Richmond, and was already a minute late by Hackney! Found it hard to claw it back, so I suspect doing timed scenario, where you need to keep to time to pass a scenario, being rather tricky!

Post by 156478 »

An update has come through for this route on steam.

Fixes one of the problems that irked me, the far too frequent miaowing of cats at stations!

http://www.engine-driver.com/article/sh ... 9-2-update

Another issue is called "stretchy couplings" anyone know what this problem is?
Thugsy
Established Forum Member

Post by Thugsy »

Does anyone else find that there seems to be a lack of track joint sound on this route? I know it is largely welded track but I cannot notice any clunk at all and also nothing at junctions. I am sure I saw that mentioned somewhere but I can't seem to find it now.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

156478 wrote:Another issue is called "stretchy couplings" anyone know what this problem is?
Stretchy couplings is where the coupling stretch beyond normal limit and you end up with a 6 foot gap between buffers/couplings.
The US stock suffers from this problem on a number of routes

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
tycoonkid9
Well Established Forum Member

Post by tycoonkid9 »

New North London Line Collection with Class 325, Class 59, Class 70, Class 86: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/87559/?snr=1_5_9__403
qaaya3

Post by qaaya3 »

Does anyone else have a problem with the 378 whereby it won't move when the pantograph is down, even when there are no overhead cables and the shoes are down? It says it has changed power source to the third rail but then won't move. Kinda destroys the effect when you see the pantrgraph up for no reason and it goes through low bridges etc.
Bruno Transport - my ficticious cross-sim transport company
tnleeuw01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by tnleeuw01 »

qaaya3 wrote:Does anyone else have a problem with the 378 whereby it won't move when the pantograph is down, even when there are no overhead cables and the shoes are down? It says it has changed power source to the third rail but then won't move. Kinda destroys the effect when you see the pantrgraph up for no reason and it goes through low bridges etc.
Hi,

I didn't see your message before, but no I have never observed this!

Are you sure that power has properly switched over to 3d rail? And when panto is up, it will then move??

Very strange, haven't seen this, not even in scenario where I had to change powersource!

Does it happen every time, or only when changing power source in a scenario?

Did you take it up with DTG already?

--Tim
Thugsy
Established Forum Member

Post by Thugsy »

qaaya3 wrote:Does anyone else have a problem with the 378 whereby it won't move when the pantograph is down, even when there are no overhead cables and the shoes are down? It says it has changed power source to the third rail but then won't move. Kinda destroys the effect when you see the pantrgraph up for no reason and it goes through low bridges etc.
I had something similar to this with a scenario I wrote starting at Willesden Jn LL where you stop just before Kensal Green Jn to change from 3rd rail to Overhead. Even though I was fully under the wires it wouldn't work with the pantograph raised. I discovered I needed to move a bit further into the junction before doing the power supply change and then all was fine.
BillGiannios
New to the Forums

Post by BillGiannios »

Thugsy wrote:Does anyone else find that there seems to be a lack of track joint sound on this route? I know it is largely welded track but I cannot notice any clunk at all and also nothing at junctions. I am sure I saw that mentioned somewhere but I can't seem to find it now.
I have the same problem :evil: With all rolling stock..You cant hear the track sounds neither on the inside or the outside..Dtg has done it again obviously :roll:
Springer6
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Springer6 »

Is the Tfl Class 378 Capitalstar EMU that is supplied with this route exactly the same package as the the Class 378 that is sold seperately ?

I notice that the one in this route has an LU headboard in some variants.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Springer6 wrote:Is the Tfl Class 378 Capitalstar EMU that is supplied with this route exactly the same package as the the Class 378 that is sold seperately ?
It installs in exactly the same directory as it's more an update than a new model. If you have the original stand alone version you should automatically receive the newer version, which adds the 5car sets and headboard when applicable.
Springer6
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Springer6 »

gptech wrote:
Springer6 wrote:Is the Tfl Class 378 Capitalstar EMU that is supplied with this route exactly the same package as the the Class 378 that is sold seperately ?
It installs in exactly the same directory as it's more an update than a new model. If you have the original stand alone version you should automatically receive the newer version, which adds the 5car sets and headboard when applicable.
Many thanks for this info. I missed the sale for this unit which I have subsequently realised might be useful to obtain in the future for the WCML LM DC stretches. Happy to see that the headboard is selectable.
Varney
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Varney »

Springer6 wrote:
gptech wrote:
Many thanks for this info. I missed the sale for this unit which I have subsequently realised might be useful to obtain in the future for the WCML LM DC stretches. Happy to see that the headboard is selectable.
NLL route is currently £9.99 on Greenmangaming using code JULY20.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”