North London Line ...coming soon!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Re: North London Line ...coming soon!

Post by michaelhendle »

Hi Peter,
I agree with you the hand drawn map does look misleading,as I haven't been that way for years now I wasn't sure if London Overground hadn't put a new line in to make a triangle

Mike
Juanillo99
Well Established Forum Member

Post by Juanillo99 »

My Spanish website dedicated to Train Simulator 2019: https://ferrosim.es
Juanillo99
Well Established Forum Member

Post by Juanillo99 »

New screenshot:
21-10-2015 17-57-24.jpg
My Spanish website dedicated to Train Simulator 2019: https://ferrosim.es
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

Juanillo99 wrote:New screenshot:
21-10-2015 17-57-24.jpg
Work in Progress is a laugh as it's the same station that has appeared in London to Bedford and London to Faversham.
I'm not even sure why they have included St Pancras as none of the NLR services go near there - but I suppose it is visible from the NLR.

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

749006 wrote:
Juanillo99 wrote:New screenshot:
21-10-2015 17-57-24.jpg
Work in Progress is a laugh as it's the same station that has appeared in London to Bedford and London to Faversham.
I'm not even sure why they have included St Pancras as none of the NLR services go near there - but I suppose it is visible from the NLR.

Peter

then that will be why they added it

can you imagine if they didnt add it someone would be quick to post on here that it was not added and moan yet when it is added someone has a comment saying the above it seems to be DTG are dammed if they do and dammed if they dont.
theorganist
Very Active Forum Member

Post by theorganist »

It is visible and no doubt if they had not included it someone would have come on saying they should have included St. Pancras as it is visible from the NLL.

I do like "urban routes" like this and having seen the Twitch preview I will definately be purchasing it.

Peter
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

749006 wrote:Work in Progress is a laugh as it's the same station that has appeared in London to Bedford and London to Faversham.
I've noticed that in all these WIP shots we've seen that the sky looks pretty much the same as that we already have too............
Irishrailguy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Irishrailguy »

749006 wrote:Work in Progress is a laugh as it's the same station that has appeared in London to Bedford and London to Faversham.
Honestly, I've seen way too many people make the complaint that they're previewing St. Pancras when it's already appeared twice before. You're perfectly happy to take 2-3 previews with new locations that come with the route, but as soon as they put something in that you've seen before it's automatically an issue. The image says WIP when the product is a work in progress, so the fact that it appears on an image of a location that previously existed in the game doesn't make the statement any less correct...

Kev
slp619420
Established Forum Member

Post by slp619420 »

Honestly, I am disappointed that the Willesden Junction to Clapham Junction part is not on but to be honest that the West London Line because I would of loved to drive through Kensington Olympia! BUT Richmond to Stratford is still a good route on what I have seen on Twitch and the photos that have been posted, what would be better is having some D78 Stock around the Richmond area :D
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaelhendle »

Hi
In the 1960's St Pancras - Tilbury Boat Trains used the NLL,but of course not in the modern era,I always have thought the NLL would have been better set in the 1960-70's,it was far more interesting in that time period,especially freight wise,as they used to go to the docks.
Mike
Carinthia
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Carinthia »

michaelhendle wrote:In the 1960's St Pancras - Tilbury Boat Trains used the NLL
Not to my knowledge. There was no direct route for that.

The scheduled route was via the Tottenham & Hampstead line.

John
simont
Very Active Forum Member

Post by simont »

Yeah - this is why the LTS line was part of the Midland Railway (and later LMS), when you might more naturally expect it to be part of the Great Eastern/LNER.
<- 87012 "Coeur de Lion"
pjt1974
Very Active Forum Member

Post by pjt1974 »

I see the 378's .ap file was updated tonight as were the units scenario files for the South London Network. Pure speculation (one for you Gary :wink: ) maybe tomorrow?

Comparing the old .ap file to the updated one. All I can see different that is obvious is a new Script folder and a couple of extra 378/2 third rail QD consists. The manual has yet to be updated so unless I do some on the rail testing, I can't tell if any of the new features (on the fly change of power) are implemented.
For disclosure, I am affiliated with a third party developer however, I do not know anything about any future releases unless I'm working on them and even then, I'd be breaking years worth of built up trust to say anything about it ;-)
pjt1974
Very Active Forum Member

Post by pjt1974 »

The 378 has indeed been updated. The 5 car now has the 'overground 5 car' sign on the front. The power supply is now interchangeable with animated shoes and there are a few different posters on the walls in the passenger view. One is for TS2016 and the other features a pic of the 378 saying 'Upgrade Update'.
For disclosure, I am affiliated with a third party developer however, I do not know anything about any future releases unless I'm working on them and even then, I'd be breaking years worth of built up trust to say anything about it ;-)
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

Irishrailguy wrote:
Honestly, I've seen way too many people make the complaint that they're previewing St. Pancras when it's already appeared twice before. You're perfectly happy to take 2-3 previews with new locations that come with the route, but as soon as they put something in that you've seen before it's automatically an issue. The image says WIP when the product is a work in progress, so the fact that it appears on an image of a location that previously existed in the game doesn't make the statement any less correct...

Kev
The point I was making was they are showing the inside of a station which was already made a few years ago,
As you won't be able to drive in to St Pancras off the North London line I was wondering why DTG have featured the station?

It is not an issue, just an observation.

I wonder if we might get a picture of Liverpool St Station as well ;)

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”