Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
jarmstro
Well Established Forum Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:52 pm
Location: Torquay

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by jarmstro »

No reply from support. I am getting a bit fed up now having paid for the loco and not being able to install it. How do I get a refund? I cannot see any way to do so on the JT website? Contacting support does no good as they do not respond.

Cheers
john A
User avatar
crumplezone
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by crumplezone »

jarmstro wrote:No reply from support. I am getting a bit fed up now having paid for the loco and not being able to install it. How do I get a refund? I cannot see any way to do so on the JT website? Contacting support does no good as they do not respond.

Cheers
john A
Maybe you could allow for more than 8hours to pass or a day to get a reply? Not every company instantly replies.
User avatar
jarmstro
Well Established Forum Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:52 pm
Location: Torquay

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by jarmstro »

crumplezone wrote:
jarmstro wrote:No reply from support. I am getting a bit fed up now having paid for the loco and not being able to install it. How do I get a refund? I cannot see any way to do so on the JT website? Contacting support does no good as they do not respond.

Cheers
john A
Maybe you could allow for more than 8hours to pass or a day to get a reply? Not every company instantly replies.
Two days. It will not install so I would prefer a refund now but I can see no way to get my money back? I have emailed support but they have declined to reply.
John A
almark
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 4717
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Not on UKTS.
Contact:

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by almark »

John,support will not have declined to reply,I can assure you,they are very busy with requests for both JT and JF products,you should allow a little longer for replies. If it were a loco issue then myself or Chris Barnes would've helped out but as it's a system issue we can't.

Regards,
Mark
RONVKING
Established Forum Member
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:44 pm

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by RONVKING »

Crumplezone/Mark,

Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to the "addition" to the family. Also the 5MT's on the list.

If the Clan is the same then I'll be in loco heaven.

Cheers Ron
engineerbj
Getting the hang of things now
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: United States

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by engineerbj »

So is this engine worth the cold hard cash? And is it really all it's cracked up to be? I'd really like to buy the 4MT Advanced (the description of all the features from Just Trains had me really excited), but I figure it's better to ask around a little bit to see if all the print from Just Trains is true.

Steam engines are my favorites to drive in Railworks/TS2014, so the idea of having an engine you actually have to prep and close out just like the real thing is naturally appealing to me. I love the steamers from Meshtools, pretty well consider them the benchmark for realism, although the freeware Stanier Mogul from here on UKTrainsim is awesome too for the sounds, so is the 4MT up to scratch compared to these two favorites of mine, and, dare I ask, is it even better?
User avatar
220389
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:28 pm
Location: Shropshire
Contact:

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by 220389 »

engineerbj wrote:So is this engine worth the cold hard cash? And is it really all it's cracked up to be? I'd really like to buy the 4MT Advanced (the description of all the features from Just Trains had me really excited), but I figure it's better to ask around a little bit to see if all the print from Just Trains is true.

Steam engines are my favorites to drive in Railworks/TS2014, so the idea of having an engine you actually have to prep and close out just like the real thing is naturally appealing to me. I love the steamers from Meshtools, pretty well consider them the benchmark for realism, although the freeware Stanier Mogul from here on UKTrainsim is awesome too for the sounds, so is the 4MT up to scratch compared to these two favorites of mine, and, dare I ask, is it even better?
I posted a mini review i think on page 3 http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 0#p1674519

It is worth the money no question at all, as far as i consider it is the current best steam locomotive for UK ones at least. It has knocked off my long term top one being the 56xx off the list, with the MT stock below that.

JT have posted some videos of it on there youtube page and i will try to get around to do one soon as well, but been busy in a different title the past few days.

Chris
Rising Storm -Name is in the credits :D - To Do scenario, where you go along at 50mph in a Pendo? Who would play it?
Anyone want to help in Play Testing future Rising Storm/ Ro2 Maps? If so please PM me.
anthonye
Well Established Forum Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:20 pm
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by anthonye »

Totally agree with Chris above.

Anthony
User avatar
jarmstro
Well Established Forum Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:52 pm
Location: Torquay

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by jarmstro »

anthonye wrote:Totally agree with Chris above.

Anthony
Yes indeed. A fantastic piece of work and worth every penny. It comes with some very well made scenarios as well.

(PS: Just driving the Exeter to Bristol scenario and I am in deep trouble nearing Bridgewater. I stupidly left the injector water feed on and am down to 300 gallons left in the tender!! Anyone know where the nearest watering point is??!!!!! :D :D :D )

John A
almark
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 4717
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Not on UKTS.
Contact:

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by almark »

Oh dear John,your driving/firing career might not last long at this rate!! :wink: I don't believe there is a watering point on Bristol to Exeter as it's a modern day route,you will either need to coast at extremely low speed sipping water or just resume/restart I'm afraid,all part of the learning curve!

Cheers,
Mark
almark
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 4717
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Not on UKTS.
Contact:

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by almark »

Hi all,

For those who wish to see videos of the Just Trains 4MT Advanced,and it's features,you will be pleased to hear that 7 such videos are now available for viewing:
All 7 of the Standard 4MT videos are now uploaded and live on the Just Trains Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/JustTrainsVideos

Two of the videos are general scenic types and the other 5 are all informative and show various key Advanced features. Full list is:

Summertime
Wintertime

Servicing
Cab Pulling Away
Advanced Winter wheelslip
Advanced features video 1
Advanced features video 2

Regards,
Mark
Just Trains
Developer
User avatar
msdejesus
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 5957
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Jerez (Spain)

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by msdejesus »

I have enjoyed the vids featuring the advanced features a lot. They have worked with me: I am definitely getting this! :P
almark
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 4717
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Not on UKTS.
Contact:

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by almark »

Haha you won't be disappointed mate :)

Cheers,
Mark
anthonye
Well Established Forum Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:20 pm
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by anthonye »

I have had the 4MT since release, but have a couple of questions in "Hot Mode".

1. If you start in the hot mode, does the performance degrade if you don't clear the smokebox after a time, I have not noticed any loss of power going down. I opened the door, did the clean but nothing came out like the warm mode does

2. Is there any need or benefit to use the rocking grate procedure in Hot Mode, is this only used when dropping the fire.

3. I take it that you can fill the sandboxes at anytime, warm or hot modes.

All questions refer to Hot Mode.

Thanks
Anthony
User avatar
ChrisBarnes
Very Active Forum Member
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Just Trains BR Std 4 2-6-0 - Now Available

Post by ChrisBarnes »

anthonye wrote:I have had the 4MT since release, but have a couple of questions in "Hot Mode".

1. If you start in the hot mode, does the performance degrade if you don't clear the smokebox after a time, I have not noticed any loss of power going down. I opened the door, did the clean but nothing came out like the warm mode does

2. Is there any need or benefit to use the rocking grate procedure in Hot Mode, is this only used when dropping the fire.

3. I take it that you can fill the sandboxes at anytime, warm or hot modes.

All questions refer to Hot Mode.

Thanks
Anthony
Hi Anthony,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, but only after you've been driving for quite a fair way, so you would notice it on really long distance runs such as Carlisle-Stranraer or Carlisle-Glasgow.

2. At the moment, the rocking grate is only used to drop the fire.

3. Indeed you can. If you manage to use up all of the sand, you can stop, put the handbrake on and refill the sandboxes as you would when preparing the loco in warm mode.

Thanks
Chris
Just Trains BR 4, 5, 6, 7 and LNER K4 & V2 script and simulation author
Locked

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”