Also in production by RSC...

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr395008
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Also in production by RSC...

Post by Mr395008 »

RSC have confirmed the route is London - Peterborough via Facebook.
Johnny
rkk01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rkk01 »

Missed opportunity IMHO

RSC already have an A3, A4 and A1 model, plus the Deltic...
40 is available from JT

The route dated around the steam - diesel handover would be absolutely amazing. One modern electric commuter / express route from a capital city terminus is rather like another, if you ask me. I'd view ECML as rather flat and boring - unless you intend to thrash the hell out whatever you are driving.

Take down the wires and package with the Deltic and A4 ;-)

We will have five London termini, all of which will be for current / recent operations ! What a waste, when you consider the unparalleled historical railway significance of those locations...
jp4712
Petulant Princess

Post by jp4712 »

But a steam/diesel era route would be far more difficult to research, involve much more work and track, and therefore probably have to be shorter. I also know from a conversation I had with Paul Jackson years ago that modern era out-sells older stuff by such a wide margin that no business can ignore it.
Mr395008 wrote:RSC have confirmed the route is London - Peterborough via Facebook.
"This is the 0815 from London to Peterborough via Facebook. Facebook will be our next station stop, please remember to take your belongings with you when you leave the train. The next station is Facebook, Face-book." :)

Paul
Visit the Manchester Museum of Transport, the UK's premier bus museum
rkk01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rkk01 »

But a steam/diesel era route would be far more difficult to research, involve much more work and track, and therefore probably have to be shorter. I also know from a conversation I had with Paul Jackson years ago that modern era out-sells older stuff by such a wide margin that no business can ignore it.
I can easily understand that... Especially with research and much more complex track layouts

But does 5 out of 5 becomes a bit tedious???

The heritage value of just Paddington, Euston* and Kings Cross alone should warrant at least one of these as steam era routes.
Also, unlike modern routes, you would suspect a wider than UK market for a late steam era Kings Cross route bundled with the A3 & A4 pacifics...

* Accepted, not currently available and drastically rebuilt IRL
andynwt

Post by andynwt »

rkk01 wrote:Take down the wires
Maybe someone will do just that and pop it on the Workshop.
secludedsfx

Post by secludedsfx »

jp4712 wrote:But a steam/diesel era route would be far more difficult to research, involve much more work and track, and therefore probably have to be shorter. I also know from a conversation I had with Paul Jackson years ago that modern era out-sells older stuff by such a wide margin that no business can ignore it.
Mr395008 wrote:RSC have confirmed the route is London - Peterborough via Facebook.
"This is the 0815 from London to Peterborough via Facebook. Facebook will be our next station stop, please remember to take your belongings with you when you leave the train. The next station is Facebook, Face-book." :)

Paul
Well that gave me a laugh.

On topic though I'm glad this route is being developed as Peterborough is one of the stations I use most (My most local station is March).
PC Spec: i9 10900k, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 980ti, 1TB NVME SSD
ckmemphis

Post by ckmemphis »

Now that is rather interesting.... What is the distance between those points? 80miles odd maybe? And I wonder if they will extend it further to like Doncastor or something cool.... Either way, from the screenshot it looks modern era, HST's, 90+Mk4+DVT's and of course the local trains too... I can't imagine a long distance journey would be any fun as it's just one straight run from London to Peterborough...

Oh well, let's hope it's good quality
Regards,
Craig K
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

That takes it up to where Creativerail are starting from then. Creativerail are going up to York from Peterborough. JT take it up to Newcastle from York and there are rumors that JT are building Newcastle to Edinburgh. On top of this there might be a SECML part two which will take it up to Aberdeen so over the next couple of years we might beable to drive London to Aberdeen.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
msey0002
Very Active Forum Member

Post by msey0002 »

As much as I doubt it, really hope this comes with a 225. Can't really see the point of the route without the 225
briyeo1950
Very Active Forum Member

Post by briyeo1950 »

Is it true that RSC's map of the UK has no detail in the middle bit at all except for the legend "Here be Dragons"? :P
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Looks like RSC are not so daft after all A Class 91 is in the works.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
jivebunny
Very Active Forum Member

Post by jivebunny »

I'm 99.9% certain that's Ben Laws' model which has been sitting semi-built for quite some time :)

Looking forward to this pack, even if as others have said it would be an incredible route to have set in the 1920s - 1940s

JB
"Moving half of West London would be a ridiculous amount of work."
ckmemphis

Post by ckmemphis »

So we can look forward to the battle of the 90/91's.... With AP in one corner, and Ben Laws/RSC in the other... Place your bets and take your seats.... :drinking:
Regards,
Craig K
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Post by deltic009 »

Posting this here as it is with forum guidelines...

Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

ckmemphis wrote:So we can look forward to the battle of the 90/91's.... With AP in one corner, and Ben Laws/RSC in the other... Place your bets and take your seats.... :drinking:
The 90's have only been used at times of 91 shotages when the locos were being rebuilt from 910xx to 911xx.
Quite rare to see a 90 on the ECML on a East Coast service.

I will get the 91 & Mk4's to run over WCML-N :D
Something I will be doing in real life on Saturday :)
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”