Also in production by RSC...

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

1S811985
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Also in production by RSC...

Post by 1S811985 »

Ah well, I enjoyed the dream while it lasted. I suppose I could just squint a little and pretend like I do on other routes but it not the same.

As an aside, while I can understand that modern era is easier to research and create I'm not sure how it can be described as more popular since there isn't any blue-era route DLC to compare the sales against.

1S81
I know what gold does to men's souls.
Varney
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Varney »

1S811985 wrote:As an aside, while I can understand that modern era is easier to research and create I'm not sure how it can be described as more popular since there isn't any blue-era route DLC to compare the sales against.1S81
I'd hazard a guess (certainly by RSC's facebook page) that their core audience is the younger crowd, who are only interested in rolling stock and routes that they can relate to, hence the endless requests for units etc. I certainly can't get enthused to the same degree or describe a 156 for example as 'hellfire'...but that is where the money is to be made.

Also, can we get the thread title renamed to something better as we now know what the route will be?
bdy26
Very Active Forum Member

Also in production by RSC...

Post by bdy26 »

Kev

I wouldn't let RSC stop you given how far you've got. Just don't embark on any Standard 4s ;-)

B
http://bdy26.co.uk/sbhh/

Builder of The Cockermouth Keswick and Penrith Railway and Lancaster to Carlisle for RW; purveyor of dirty diesels to Vulcan Productions.
MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by MallardFan »

bdy26 wrote:Kev

I wouldn't let RSC stop you given how far you've got. Just don't embark on any Standard 4s ;-)

B
I agree - looking at the comparison between the RSC 377 and yours, I know which one looks better to me :D
Image Image
Class 205 Thumper and Class 73 Electro-Diesel currently in the Engine Shed!
Irishrailguy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Irishrailguy »

I won't be dumping it of course, but at the same time I do wish I could get something published that isn't what most non-UKTS users would consider a 'copy' of the version they got on Steam. I suppose me being slow at what I do is mostly to blame, but regardless of what better job I could do with it, I'm sure most devs would agree that creating a duplicate doesn't get the author nearly as much recognition by the overall fan-base as a unique release would (as there wouldn't be a problem with doing duplicates then, if that wasn't the case).

Being in college now I do unfortunately have to put the focus of these projects on the finances, although it wouldn't be much of an income anyway I still could use some form of a cash flow. So doing a second duplicate wouldn't make much sense at the moment given that I could get better results out of doing something which isn't already being done...

Kev
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

If your really looking for ideas how about the class 180 as that would go quite well with afew routes we have.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
K2rover
Established Forum Member

Post by K2rover »

Class 442! Ideal for both London to Brighton and the Portsmouth Direct. Can't believe this has never been developed either by RSC or third party. I think it must be cursed. :evilbat:
Irishrailguy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Irishrailguy »

K2rover wrote:Class 442! Ideal for both London to Brighton and the Portsmouth Direct. Can't believe this has never been developed either by RSC or third party. I think it must be cursed. :evilbat:
Merlin75 wrote:If your really looking for ideas how about the class 180 as that would go quite well with afew routes we have.
There is a good reason why I can't do a 442, as much as I'd like to do one (my favorite unit on the BML actually), I'd be complicating matters with certain people, and I'd be wasting hard work at the end of the day, which is all I'm allowed to say...

I already have a few ideas (and that was one of them), but I have a unit which I loved to drive in MSTS days which I'll be keen to get to work on once the holidays come round (as a secondary project behind the 377). I'll be waiting until then so I can try to get organised with a publisher and obtain a good collection of source photos. However the key to waiting till then is to see if anyone else tries to do it first, so I don't get sideswiped again by my eagerness... :)

Kev
das97
New to the Forums

Post by das97 »

Irishguy: I have been following your 377 development with much interest and I have to agree with K2rover that a 442 would be very desirable indeed for the L2B route (as would a C313 lol) and really miss it being there. Don't berate yourself for being slow, I can't imagine whats involved in producing these models so you have my respect.

Sorry about going off topic but had to chip in there...

ON-Topic note: Looking forward to this class 91 too! :D

Dan
bGriff
Established Forum Member

Post by bGriff »

Here's hoping it'll be out by Christmas.

I hope they include the Hertford Loop, maybe throw in a 365.

Regardless, very excited for this, day one buy methinks.
dave13

Post by dave13 »

Great :D :D I loved the MSTS version so I'm looking forward to this one!! :D :D Hopefully it will come with class 91 + Mk4s + DVT and class 313 :D :D
Dave:)
firetrap1
Very Active Forum Member

Post by firetrap1 »

2014 will be a good year!

All I want for Christmas is for this release to not be rushed out early and for RSC to take care getting the details right. Its a big route, so unless this has been in production for sum months I would hope this is not pushed for a Christmas release.

I will conclude that this is a positive step for RSC. A modern version of the route will still give room for people to create lots more Rail Tour themed scenarios. Hopefully this will satisfy the widest range of TS2014 players.

Chris
Scottish Born Scenario Writer
i7 6700K 4.4GHz Overclock - 16Gb Corsair VengeanceDDR4 3200MHz - Asus MaximusVIII Mobo - Asus GTX1080 A8G 8GB GDDR5X - 240Gb+480Gb Crucial BX200 SSD Windows10 (64Bit) - Corsair HX750i
Mr395008

Post by Mr395008 »

Merlin75 wrote:If your really looking for ideas how about the class 180 as that would go quite well with afew routes we have.
I agree, Hull Trains & Grand Central 180 for London - Peterborough, Just Trains Newcastle - York Modern, plus First Great Western for London - Oxford. :)
Johnny
K2rover
Established Forum Member

Post by K2rover »

Mr395008 wrote:
I agree, Hull Trains & Grand Central 180 for London - Peterborough, Just Trains Newcastle - York Modern, plus First Great Western for London - Oxford. :)

I've also always been big on model railways and it's always annoyed me that neither Hornby or Bachmann have made a class 180 at any stage. I have an ECML based model railway set between Retford and Doncaster and it's the one modern image piece of rolling stock which is conspicuous by it's absence. I'd love a Hull Trains 180 in either the model rail or simulator world!
1S811985

Post by 1S811985 »

Varney wrote: I certainly can't get enthused to the same degree or describe a 156 for example as 'hellfire'...but that is where the money is to be made.
I certainly agree about being unable to get that worked up about units. I'm not saying that they're rubbish or anything, the 150/2 is a delight for example, but I want to be transported back to my youth and sprinters are at least a decade too late for that!

Well, there's money to be made out of me by anyone who comes up with a decent blue era route. RSC appear, sadly, to be trapped in a false dichotomy when it comes to routes: It's either steam or modern and there's nothing in between.

I think there's a huge and as yet unexploited market in-between, and if its down to the third party sector to cash in then so much the better in my view.

1S81
I know what gold does to men's souls.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”