Class 321 coming soon from RSC?

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

tomtrain
Well Established Forum Member

Class 321 coming soon from RSC?

Post by tomtrain »

RSC have just released a preview image of a cab:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Looks like the interior of a Class 321 to me. Here's a photo for comparison:

http://www.therailwaycentre.com/EMU%20p ... 21_cab.jpg

EDIT: Here's a better comparison photo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:32144 ... 7s_cab.JPG

Tom
Dave4468

Re: Class 321 coming soon from RSC?

Post by Dave4468 »

Given the known 321 is an AP published product and RSC now distribute the Class 90 for the GEML I wonder if this is the same model.

Or do RSC hate 3rd party producers that much! *blue touchpaper*
If only all problems on the big railway could simply be TAB'd past...
DavidVI

Post by DavidVI »

I'm sure I saw on AP's facebook (or was it here?) someone asking about the 321 and if it would be via Steam like GEML 90. AP replied saying it would be distributed via their website and not RSC.. So surely can't be the same 321 unless someone changed their mind?
GatwickSpotting
Been on the forums for a while

Post by GatwickSpotting »

I'd just like to make it clear this is NOT my/AP's 321. I'm hoping its a 456, but that seems unlikely. If it is a 321, its very inaccurate...
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

It was on AP's facebook that the 321 was going to be sold on his site and not steam. But if the sales figures for the GEML were good then if this is the same one it'll make sense that he'll sell it on steam. But if this is a RSC new model it's going to have a hard job beating the AP one.

Edit it got posted that this was not the AP one while typing. If RSC are going head to head with AP with the 321 good luck to them I know which one I'll be buying.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
DavidVI

Post by DavidVI »

I hate the idea of two 321's. Mainly because we know the AP/Jordi one will blow RSC out of the water.. it means most of TS's fan/customer base will only know of the RSC one and therefore having and selling/distributing decent activities will be hard due to people having different versions..

Oh well we'l see!
GatwickSpotting
Been on the forums for a while

Post by GatwickSpotting »

Really is very disappointing to see, I've put an awful lot of effort into my 321... :(
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

I'll be buying the AP one. But I think RSC would of been better off doing the 315 if they really had to do something for the GEML. They must know AP are doing a 321 and they will know the high standard of AP's stuff from selling the GEML 90pack. This just seems a silly move by RSC and again is going to make scenario creation a pain as the creators are going to have to make two versions or pick one or the other.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
callum1122334455

Post by callum1122334455 »

GatwickSpotting wrote:Really is very disappointing to see, I've put an awful lot of effort into my 321... :(
Don't be disappointed. With the release of the GEML, it was always going to be on the cards that RSC churned out a 321.

Now, I'm certain that yours will beat the quality of the RSC one hands down.

Will yours have any 'advanced' features to trump the RSC version? which will no doubt be very basic with average sounds
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Post by deltic009 »

The RSC version will give the possibility of Workshop Scenarios using it, I'm sure the AP/Waggonz one will have the superior feature set and set off switchable cab buttons/switches.
Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

deltic009 wrote:The RSC version will give the possibility of Workshop Scenarios using it, I'm sure the AP/Waggonz one will have the superior feature set and set off switchable cab buttons/switches.
I'm sure it will and thanks for the unintentional compliment but this fantastic piece of work isn't ours. :D

Dave
xguerra
Very Active Forum Member

Post by xguerra »

Oh goodness gracious when will the torture ever stop!
Backdated Trainsim
My site with my content: http://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

tomtrain wrote:Looks like the interior of a Class 321 to me
Yes it does....or a 320, or a 322...

Whilst I agree it's most likely to be a 321 I fail to see how that observation has led to the already 'written in stone' belief that RSC have/are impinging on somebody else's territory.
DavidVI wrote:it means most of TS's fan/customer base will only know of the RSC one
By that reasoning it means very few would know of AP's offering then...unless of course they visit here or AP's own site, or any other forum on the internet where it's been discussed.

It seems to me that once again any chance to knock RSC is eagerly taken, by all means give 'em a roasting when they do wrong (WCML buffers, class 86 run down) but let's see what actually is coming---if it's a duplicate model so what?
Those who prefer simpler controls will go RSC, those who want more *refined* modelling will choose AP, and I suspect a fair few will have both.
If I get the time/can be bothered I might tot up the duplicates we already have....classes 20, 40, immediately spring to mind......
david1
Very Active Forum Member

Post by david1 »

GatwickSpotting wrote:Really is very disappointing to see, I've put an awful lot of effort into my 321... :(
I will be buying your version and would think most people that read the threads on here will too, Yours will be a far superior model.
jimmyshand
Very Active Forum Member

Post by jimmyshand »

RSC have the advantage of being able to offer a steady flow of easy to obtain Steam Workshop scenarios. This gives them an instant lead in any conflicting DLC battle. It's not much good having an all-singing, all-dancing piece of DLC if there are no scenarios to run it with. Like having a Ferrari in your garage but no road to drive it on.

Community scenarios are at an all time low at the moment, I've only downloaded maybe 2 or 3 scenarios from UKTS in the last 6-12 months. A couple of years ago I was downloading 2 or 3 a day!!! Some still appear from time to time but with the magnitude of re-skins needed then it's a fearsome challenge and one has to question if it's worth the effort.This is compounded further by the bloated Kuju folder concern which puts me off installing too many re-skins.

Scenario Guru's Armstrong Powerhouse have not produced a scenario pack for many months either.

Scenarios are the lifeblood of the sim, without a constant supply of quality and engaging scenarios from somewhere then the game rapidly runs out of juice. Availability of scenarios is a big factor for me when choosing DLC and it seems it will become ever more so if the trend of decreasing scenarios outside of Workshop continues.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”