Put my consist in Scenario editor caused game crash

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

clkgtr
Getting the hang of things now

Put my consist in Scenario editor caused game crash

Post by clkgtr »

Hello,
I made my own train and it works fine in scenario editor if I put them one by one on the rail. But when I make them as a consist ,and then I choose this consist ,this causes game crash. I have checked the coupler and children of my train ,nothing seems wrong. This problem happens since I upgraded to TS2013 and TS2014. In TS2012 ,the consist has no such problem.
Could someone give me some help what I should check in my train model or engine file or sth else?
Thanks!
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Put my consist in Scenario editor caused game crash

Post by 749006 »

Which train on which route?
You might need to have the Kuju folder 'checked' to make the couplings work.

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
clkgtr

Post by clkgtr »

Hello ,
I created my own models and couplers.
I found the reason is the script file. when I delete the script file, I could put the consist on any route now.But how to avoid game crash when I add the script file. My script file is 37kb in lua file and 20kb in .out file.Is it too big ? I have tried use the lua file instead of the out file ,but the game still crashes. And I re-convert the script file ,the same thing happens.
Any tips?
Thanks.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

Try making a new route consisting of 1 piece of track.

Then put the first vehicle of your train on the track. If it TS2014 crashes at that point then it's a vehicle fault.
If not put the second vehicle on the track but without coupling them.
If both vehicles are on the track with out a crash move them towards each other and see if that causes the crash.

If you have the vehicles of your train on this test track without problems then try putting them in to a proper route.
If it crashes at this point there is something in the trains set up which the route has a problem with.
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
clkgtr

Post by clkgtr »

Hello,
The problem has been solved . After checking my script file ,the problem is I used LZB script,such as get track speed,but I did not disable these string at setup.So when I want to put the consist on track,it causes the game crash.(I don't know why) . And then I added a if....else string to make the string don't work at initialization ,things become good.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”